Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > How's the Rossi Circuit Judge?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default How's the Rossi Circuit Judge?

So today I went to one of the largest local gun shops around here.
This place is well-known for their awesome firearms (I noticed today that they had a .22 AR, a supressed Uzi, 3 desert eagles, 2 S&W 500s, about 5 Taurus judges, and a TON of rifles and shotguns, including a .50 cal).
Anyways, I asked about a part for a friends rifle, they didn't have it, so we just BSed some. I noticed they had a circuit judge on the wall. I have seen them online and thought about looking into one. I like the .45/.410 versatility, and I like revolvers, so that put into a carbine form is genius, to me. I took a look at it and it felt amazingly right. I also expected it to be somewhat heavy and long, but this one wasn't more than 5 pounds and maybe 3 feet long. They had it for $500, which doesn't sound bad for the current buying panic. Does anyone own one, and can give their input on it?
Is it really a great firearms for the price?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5309 Times on 2915 Posts
Likes Given: 10142

From birdshot to buckshot and .45 Colt. It is an extremely versatile rifle. And revolvers are reliable, too.

No offense and none taken

Old 03-03-2013, 01:35 AM   #3

Liked 23 Times on 15 Posts

I debated on this and the rio grande lever action for a while. I went with the lever but researched both. I think it makes a diff in what you are going to use it for. I know the pattern with 410 shot spread very fast and wide even at 15 yards. I read the 45 had problems with key holing but may have been resolved with newer models.. I felt the problem was that they say its a rifled barrel but when you want to shoot the 45 s in it you have to screw a choke into the barrel,,, and that choke is rifled..??? I don't know how accurate the circuit judge is but I've had very good reliability with my rio grande, it's very accurate with rifled slugs as well. And maybe the judge is too.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlinn
I debated on this and the rio grande lever action for a while. I went with the lever but researched both. I think it makes a diff in what you are going to use it for. I know the pattern with 410 shot spread very fast and wide even at 15 yards. I read the 45 had problems with key holing but may have been resolved with newer models.. I felt the problem was that they say its a rifled barrel but when you want to shoot the 45 s in it you have to screw a choke into the barrel,,, and that choke is rifled..??? I don't know how accurate the circuit judge is but I've had very good reliability with my rio grande, it's very accurate with rifled slugs as well. And maybe the judge is too.
I hope so.
I think I'll look into one after the buying panic is over. It felt incredible. It fit perfectly and the light weight and short-ish barrel made it feel just like a large handgun, which it practically is.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:42 AM   #5

Liked 23 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1

I hope so.
I think I'll look into one after the buying panic is over. It felt incredible. It fit perfectly and the light weight and short-ish barrel made it feel just like a large handgun, which it practically is.
Indeed... Hell, even with the short barrel I take my 410 small game hunting.. I've had good luck with it. But do carry my single six in case of a bit longer shot.. I've held the circuit judge and your right, fits like a glove

Old 03-03-2013, 05:18 AM   #6
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 864 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 216

While thinking about this, if you like the pistol feel, look at a Rossi Ranch Hand

Old 03-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
While thinking about this, if you like the pistol feel, look at a Rossi Ranch Hand
I've seen that, too. I would like to shoot one for fun, but I like the circuit judge, more.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Where is this

Old 03-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollecter
Where is this
Where is what?