How to paint/blacken stainless??????????? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > How to paint/blacken stainless???????????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 09:37 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon047 View Post
^ This works wonders. Duracoat I've seen work in some cases but not as reliable as that ^.
does it have a flat finish or gloss

Old 09-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #22

The krylon comes in heat resistant gloss or matte(flat) finish. Duracoat has always been flat in my experience. I'm having trouble finding the heat resistant krylon in matte black but I'm definitely sure its out there. They also have a rust resistant version.

Some links to help you out

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

^ how to spray paint ar-15. They use a lower receiver but the idea is the same with a barrel. Just make sure you cover both holes and don't let any paint get inside.
"To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying a war arm . . . is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege." [Wilson v. State, 33 Ark. 557, at 560, 34 Am. Rep. 52, at 54 (1878)]

Old 09-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Shiney objects.........

Like the Man said, bead blast the barrel and use the flat black heat resistant, primer not needed. You can use clear coat if you want just a little shine over the flat black....If you dont have access to a bead blaster go with the sand paper then a good non oily cleaner, then a brushing of 5% vineger, then apply the flat black......

Old 10-29-2011, 04:07 PM   #24

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 70

decided to just sell that barrel and went with a ligher but still just as good barrel, say hello to the 24" fluted Bushmaster varminter barrel