How much does a M1 garand run
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > How much does a M1 garand run

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default How much does a M1 garand run

I am currently in the market looking for a M1 garand, does anyone know what the price range is on one of those? I recently had the pleasure of firing one and I absolutely fell in love with it. It is such a accurate weapon and I was hoping someone could give me an idea of what one runs. Would appreciate any help!
Ciao

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-22-2011, 01:13 PM   #2

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoneshotonekillX View Post
I am currently in the market looking for a M1 garand, does anyone know what the price range is on one of those? I recently had the pleasure of firing one and I absolutely fell in love with it. It is such a accurate weapon and I was hoping someone could give me an idea of what one runs. Would appreciate any help!
Ciao
The Civilian Markmanship Program rifles will generally sell for between $500 and $3,000 depending on grade and condition, limited availability of some grades and models is common. Mitchell Mausers often has them as well for comparable pricing.

Rifle Sales

M1s by Springfield (new) start at about $1,500 and go up from there. Not sure what a private sale M1 would go for but be prepared to more or less pay what CMP sets as a price.

Military Misc. Rifles US for sale, gun auctions and gun classifieds for Military Misc. Rifles US at GunsAmerica. Refine your search for Military Misc. Rifles US with the choices below.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 10-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Jyple pretty much got that one. I've seen them for sale at around $700-$900 at the one of the other gun shops in town.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 10-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #4

Liked 62 Times on 33 Posts

A billion dollars.

Springfield battle rifles are expensive as hell.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

jpyle pretty much spot on. i have seen them used at gun shows as low as $600 and as high as $1100! try gunbroker.com or gunsamerica auction site and keep your eye out for one. you might find one that needs some work and refurbishing. they still have lots of parts for these, Midway and Brownells carry quite a few parts for them. a used one that needs work might be had a lot cheaper. you might find one that functions good but looks like hammered crap, then clean it up and refinish it and have yourself a nice rifle for not a lot of money. just an idea to consider.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Try looking at impactguns.com or budsgunshop.com. I've seen em for about 799.00 to 1,999.00. Like axxe says. The cheaper, the more beat up. Usualy its just the furniture needing redoing. Good luck...

Guns Don't kill people... Stupid people kill people with Guns!

Old 10-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #7

I got mine from CMP. It is a Springfield "correct grade" and I paid $1,100 for it. I absolutely love shooting it though, so for me it was well worth it.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:06 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoneshotonekillX View Post
Ciao
CMP is by far the less risk, in my opinion, to purchase an M1 online. If you live close the CMP would even be better. Anyway, here is there website for rifle sales. Rifle Sales

They have been sold out of the service grade rifle for some time. Field grade can be a little rough but functional. I just bought a Service Grade Special for $895 and it looked new. It will not have usgi wood but will come with new walnut. As said on another post. Corrected grades are nice if you need all parts from the same manufacture.

There are a few hoops to go through to order from CMP but worth it.

bigdog

Old 10-31-2011, 08:53 AM   #9

Thanks for the help guys. I will definitely look into it

Old 10-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #10

Liked 810 Times on 528 Posts
Likes Given: 931

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotFudge View Post
A billion dollars.

Springfield battle rifles are expensive as hell.
Try finding a International Harvester one...