How many of you would buy a BRAND NEW Mauser Kar 98k - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > How many of you would buy a BRAND NEW Mauser Kar 98k

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 697 Times on 478 Posts
Likes Given: 718

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
There has always been a choice of weapons. Yesterday or today if you wanted a fine firearm or a budget shotgun it was available. There were always fewer discriminating arms buyers. That is why collectible quality firearms are so rare.
That fine Mauser posted on this thread is such a rifle. The owner is one of those discriminating gun owners.
Sometimes you can get a fine rifle for short $$ because the seller has no clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
I think the only gun I might be interested in being remade is a Krag.... Ive always liked the mag design.

Why dont you just go shoot the Mauser you have or get a commerical/sporter one? Being historic doesnt keep me from shooting my guns.. (.. If it did, Id never beable to shoot! All mine are old and "historic" )
The Krag mag well was one of its' major downfalls.

I agree about shooting them all.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #32

Liked 715 Times on 472 Posts
Likes Given: 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
The Krag mag well was one of its' major downfalls.

I agree about shooting them all.
I just think its neat being able to dump rounds in without opening the bolt...

I totally understand why it was no match for the Mauser and its clips.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:25 AM   #33

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

You used to be able to buy a WW2 K98 numbers matching at Monkey Wards. I got my first store bought gun for $28 circa 1962? I wouldn't be interested. I would be interested if someone made new M1 garands.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:35 AM   #34

Liked 303 Times on 202 Posts
Likes Given: 26

http://www.blaser-usa.com/index.php?id=52&L=1

Old 04-11-2013, 04:58 AM   #35

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
How much does that thing cost?

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #36

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

If 8mm ammo was common here I'd have had one 2 months ago. Passed it up cause ammo is hard to find

Old 04-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #37

Liked 37 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default Well....I'm planning to buy a Mauser m98...I can go to Germany and ask personally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
I'd be interested in buying the action if it had a wing safety like the Win Mod 70. A complete rifle....maybe, but I'm pretty fussy and pretty conservative and I'd rather roll my own.

Any chance of that?
Thanks to my job, I'm travel a lot...I'll go to Germany soon.Btw:I'm going to visit Obendorf and to have a meeting a short meeting with the mauser staff...Nothing important, we're just going to define the level of customisations(You can do almost everything if you're ready to pay).I'll ask your question and revert as well.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #38

Default Mauser 8 mm is hard to find?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
If 8mm ammo was common here I'd have had one 2 months ago. Passed it up cause ammo is hard to find
Really?I found it almost as soon as I bought the rifle...I beg your pardon..But where do you live(I'm not sarcastic, just curious and maybe I can help you with the ammo shortage)?

Old 04-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #39

Default Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
I think the only gun I might be interested in being remade is a Krag.... Ive always liked the mag design.

Why dont you just go shoot the Mauser you have or get a commerical/sporter one? Being historic doesnt keep me from shooting my guns.. (.. If it did, Id never beable to shoot! All mine are old and "historic" )
Well...I'll share a "little secret" with you:My K98k is one of my best rifles...maybe even the best one.I shoot it often, but since all parts are original, there are very "little chances" to get an original replacement for all of them-THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP IT ORIGINAL.I know, a rifle has been mado to shoot.What kind of rifle is the one which is left behind in a safe?The answer is:A useless one or it is not a rifle!

Regarding the sporter/commercial:You're damn right!Maybe I should follow your advice.But I want a modern version of the K98k.Why?Because that rifle fits perfectly my hands and makes me feel like it was made for me...that why I so happy to go Germany,visit Obendorf and meet the Mauser staff...I want they to built my new K98k from a M98 action...and this time...let me say it...MONEY DOESN'T MATTER-I'll have that rifle, I want it to be made in Obendof by Mauser.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #40

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Van_Goth View Post
Well...I'll share a "little secret" with you:My K98k is one of my best rifles...maybe even the best one.I shoot it often, but since all parts are original, there are very "little chances" to get an original replacement for all of them-THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP IT ORIGINAL.I know, a rifle has been mado to shoot.What kind of rifle is the one which is left behind in a safe?The answer is:A useless one or it is not a rifle!

Regarding the sporter/commercial:You're damn right!Maybe I should follow your advice.But I want a modern version of the K98k.Why?Because that rifle fits perfectly my hands and makes me feel like it was made for me...that why I so happy to go Germany,visit Obendorf and meet the Mauser staff...I want they to built my new K98k from a M98 action...and this time...let me say it...MONEY DOESN'T MATTER-I'll have that rifle, I want it to be made in Obendof by Mauser.
Good for you brother! I like a man with goals. Because of work I travel quite a bit too, actually there is a chance I might be living in London for a bit in the near future. I intend to have a meeting with a few of the ol' makers to understand how much blood my wife and I will have to donate (or how much my retirement will have to wait) for me to get a nice English double custom made, so I TOTALLY understand your stance.