How do people find out about import status?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > How do people find out about import status?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 04:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default How do people find out about import status?

Unless a person works deep inside a gun/ammo wholesale firm, is it almost impossible to discover whether steady numbers of the Mosin Nagant rifles, SKS or AKs etc are still being imported, or even foreign (i.e. x54R)surplus ammo?
If Congress avoids passing any major stupid legislation for a while, then how do we determine that imports will continue?

Being fairly new to not only learning about guns, despite being middle-aged, but also buying them (one year ago), this subject is a true mystery for me.

Used Mini 14, 30, SKS and two MN 44s.
Carbines forever.

Last edited by Laufer; 10-14-2008 at 12:50 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-15-2008, 12:15 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

You're probably right about insiders only knowing. I read from Orest's own post in the CMP forum a few months ago that they had a line on a shipment, but lost it apparently to an importer. It means they weren't army surplus, or they were and someone tipped the loaned country that they could make money by selling them instead of returning them. Simply put, loose lips can scotch a deal, so most likely any info about imports either guns or ammo may be kept under wraps by the sellers involved.

9x18=Makarov