Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Hi point muzzle break

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well I've put a little over 1000 rounds through it with out a single problem with Tul ammo so I'd say it was worth the money

Old 04-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #22

Liked 2440 Times on 1389 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko09 View Post
I've handled hi-points. They. Suck. IMO of course. And i'll give props to their customer service, BUT with quality that low, you BETTER have stellar customer service if your going to have any kind of client base.

Sent from my DROID Pro using FirearmsTalk
Really? What did you think of the 995TS ??

Because this "suck" carbine, in independent tests,

is rated better than the

560$ + Ruger PC9, amongst others. So I guess

They. Suck. ALSO.

Hi-Standard stands by all their gear, regardless of

ownership, or date of manufacture, with an

almost immediate turn around.

They are also based in OHIO. That was

here, IN AMERICA, at least, the last time I checked.

I'm tough on quality, and I expect value for my dollar.

The new carbines offer a fantastic value, IMO.

Stellar recoil absorption, affordability, and fun. Made by a national company

who back their products in a manner which makes you proud to be an American

again...

Last edited by therewolf; 04-06-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #23

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

If you pay attention earlier, I had asked how the carbine he has is working for him, as i've never handled the carbines. I don't doubt that they are acceptable. But in MY experience with the C9 and C380... hi-point is awful. You seem like you are getting awfully worked up over this, so i'm done with this thread. I can respect and appreciate that you have had good experiences with Hi-Point firearms. BUT, I have not, nor do I personally know anyone who does. So it will take more than a strangers word on a public forum to sway my opinion of them. It would be the same if it was a kahr, colt, s&w, glock, springfield, etc. I'm glad you got your hands on one that was up to par.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #24

Liked 2440 Times on 1389 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

So you never actually shot the Hi-Point carbines. Didn't think so.

LGSs can't stock them, they sell out so fast.

If I were you, I'd get some hands-on experience

before being so judgmental about Hi-Point.

ANYBODY can spout internet gwee, and you're

proving it...

Old 04-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #25

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 675

OK, here is my take on high point carbines. Bought one the 1st year they came out. Treated it like a Red Headed step child. Never, and I mean never, took it appart to clean it. After 15 years of shooting it I took it apart last week. Why did I bother? It was still not that bad compared to and AK or AR with 1 range session. The stock is cracked, it is kinda fugly, but it still functions perfectly after 15+ years. Everything is redundant when it comes to the shooters safety.
Mine cost 110.00 when I bought it. When I have an extra $65.00 I might buy an ATI stock.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #26

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

I for one am getting tired of people bashing on ever thread that dares to mention hi-point.
The op simply asked if anyone knew where to find a certain part, not anyones opinion on hi-point firearms.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Kdub Likes This 
Old 04-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #27

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshoot91 View Post
I for one am getting tired of people bashing on ever thread that dares to mention hi-point.
The op simply asked if anyone knew where to find a certain part, not anyones opinion on hi-point firearms.
I'm not a fan of Hi point handguns, that does not mean they are bad. Get use to people stating opinions. It happens every thread. I think they call it ADD.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #28

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko09 View Post
I've handled hi-points. They. Suck. IMO of course. And i'll give props to their customer service, BUT with quality that low, you BETTER have stellar customer service if your going to have any kind of client base.

That doesn't make much sense to me, if their quality is that horrible they would probably be out of business by now from having a horrible reputation on top of all the money they would lose by having to do warranty work on every single gun that goes out the door.
My wife has a Hi Point 380 her dad gave her when she was having troubles with her roommate's scumbag boyfriend in college, we have never had a problem with it, sure it isn't pretty and its way bigger than the modern 380s and its heavy but we havent had trouble with any of our ammo, and it does wonders to clean a gun from time to time as well. As far as I'm concerned people who have problems with HiPoint are most likely gun snobs. If my funds were limited and I really needed a handgun I would not hesitate to buy one, also from what I understand some pretty hardcore torture tests have been done on these handguns, though I don't remember what they actually did to them, I'm sure it can be looked up online.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I don't have a problem with Hi points personally. For those who like them more power to you. I just don't like them because they are big, heavy, and unpredictable. Now I understand that they come with a life time warranty and well it's probably because your going to need it.

If someone gave me one sure I'd shoot the **** our of it but I'd rather take the 180 or so and buy ammo
Cheers

Old 04-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #30

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

The hi points aren't a go out and shoot everyday fun they are a good cheap gun to have around the house if you ever need it