Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Hi point muzzle break (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/hi-point-muzzle-break-61782/)

kjamesp92 04-04-2012 02:05 AM

Hi point muzzle break

Does anyone know where I can find a muzzle break for a hi point 45 acp all I can find are ones for 9mm

krisko09 04-04-2012 02:57 PM

Ew.. how's that hi-point workin out for ya?

Have you tried joebob's? Or midway?

Sent from my DROID Pro using FirearmsTalk

kjamesp92 04-04-2012 05:14 PM

It's working out pretty good for it being so cheap it's fun rifle just to add to the collection

krisko09 04-04-2012 05:43 PM

Ya.. I've never handled their carbines. Their pistols are junk tho.

Find that muzzlebreak yet?

kusterleXD 04-04-2012 05:50 PM

I'm not familiar with their inventory but Cheaper Than Dirt may also be a place to check.

Side note: I see nothing wrong with Hi-Point firearms. If they will drop a BG as good as a Kimber Custom does, at the end of the day it doesn't really matter what brand of firearm the round was shot from. I would also like to see more people shooting Hi-Points than for that person to not shoot at all.

krisko09 04-04-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kusterleXD
I'm not familiar with their inventory but Cheaper Than Dirt may also be a place to check.

Side note: I see nothing wrong with Hi-Point firearms. If they will drop a BG as good as a Kimber Custom does, at the end of the day it doesn't really matter what brand of firearm the round was shot from. I would also like to see more people shooting Hi-Points than for that person to not shoot at all.

Cheaper than dirt IS another good one.

And agreed. But I wouldn't stake my well being on a pistol that jams the way hi-point does. When they fire well, they fire well. But when they jam up, its almost every couple of rounds. Hi-point may be a decent plinker/range gun, if u want a new gun that's cheap. But if you're looking at it for home defense or CC, keep browsing. (Foot note: I guess if the hi-point jammed in a self defense situation, you COULD bludgen someone with it haha)

kusterleXD 04-04-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisko09 (Post 761582)
Cheaper than dirt IS another good one.

And agreed. But I wouldn't stake my well being on a pistol that jams the way hi-point does. When they fire well, they fire well. But when they jam up, its almost every couple of rounds. Hi-point may be a decent plinker/range gun, if u want a new gun that's cheap. But if you're looking at it for home defense or CC, keep browsing. (Foot note: I guess if the hi-point jammed in a self defense situation, you COULD bludgen someone with it haha)

I've heard of simple blow back weapons jamming. I think range time with various factory or hand loaded ammo is key in determing what ammo the firearm likes and what ammo to avoid.

BTW, what is the reason for placing a muzzle brake on a Hi-Point carbine?

kusterleXD 04-04-2012 07:55 PM

When I was in the reserves I had an old crusty drill sergeant tell me a story of a time he had to qualify on the 1911 prior to the Army switching to the 9mm. Everyone who fired that particular (worn out) 1911 that day prior to his turn at the firing line didn't qualify. The old DS had a few hits on the target and only needed one more to qualify. The range master said that all the DS needed to do was hit the target one more time and he would be qualified on that weapon. The DS cleared out the last remaining round out of the firearm then threw it at the target and hit it with the 1911. The range master qualified him. I guess one could do the same with a Hi-Point if needed!

krisko09 04-04-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kusterleXD
When I was in the reserves I had an old crusty drill sergeant tell me a story of a time he had to qualify on the 1911 prior to the Army switching to the 9mm. Everyone who fired that particular (worn out) 1911 that day prior to his turn at the firing line didn't qualify. The old DS had a few hits on the target and only needed one more to qualify. The range master said that all the DS needed to do was hit the target one more time and he would be qualified on that weapon. The DS cleared out the last remaining round out of the firearm then threw it at the target and hit it with the 1911. The range master qualified him. I guess one could do the same with a Hi-Point if needed!

I actually heard a very similar story when I qual'd with my m9 last fall lol

kjamesp92 04-05-2012 02:40 AM

I wouldn't trust my life to the hi point I've got plenty of other rifles I would but it is fun to shoot and mine seems to like cheap ammo so it will stay a cheap range toy