Hessi H91
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Hessi H91

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 05:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Hessi H91

Ok guys I picked up a Hessi H91 7.62x51 nice gun have only shot it once I took it to the gun shop guy said he would give me 500 towards anygun in the shop. My question is he giving me a fair price or is he trying to rip me off I dont know the value of the gun none of my books cover it but I know I have seen them on gun broker going as high a 1100.00. But anyways He does have a nice springfield 1911 that he said he would trade even up for. Ok thanks for any advice.

hessi-h-91-4.jpg  
File Type: bmp hessi h 91.bmp (37.2 KB, 380 views)
File Type: bmp hessi h 91 2.bmp (37.2 KB, 393 views)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #2

Ill give you 500 cash for it

Old 07-20-2010, 01:05 AM   #3

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

if its a ''hesse''...take the money and run....

if its a ''hessi''....IDK?..might be kinda rare...most cetme rifles are going for 500 bucks..so it is a very fair price for the rifle...

if you shoot it more,it will grow on ya....most will make retrieving brass,impossible

Old 07-20-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2865 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Hesse does not have the best rep. Pretty much on par with Century, for the most part. WTS, My Saiga 12ga is a Hesse build and it flat runs. Looks like a typical CETME, with HK type rear sight drum (the pic is a little dark). Is the safe position down and fire up? If so, CETME.

What is the bolt gap? Is the bolt ground down at all? If properly built/timed, that can be a great gun. Improperly built, POS.

It all depends on what you need/want. $500 is fair.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 07-21-2010, 03:00 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The Hesse and earlier Century CETME rifles originally sold for under three bills, so the $500 seems fair today. I read once that Century got their CETME tooling from Hesse, to build the CETME and HK clones on. Don't know if that is true...?

Old 07-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #6

ok Robocop yes the safe is down fire is up and it does have cetme stampid in the barrel, also the lower is a true H&K and the hard ware as well. Also bigdog yes cetme bought the tooling from Hesse I contacted Cetme and they said that the rifle I have is one that came over when with the buy and they put it together even though it says Hesse so not sure . also now the gun dealer is only offering me 400 since I told him I wanted to trade it towards a glock cause my new job requires me to have one.....

Old 07-22-2010, 05:56 PM   #7

ok so I decided I should change my statement incase I was lied to the dealer is the one that said he contacted Cetme and got the info on the rifle..Ok just wanted to get that straight so I dont come out looking like a fool if I was lied to ok

Old 07-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2865 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 254

I think this may be a typo on your part, but CETME is in Spain. Century is in the US. Century is an importer first and a builder second. They have built some really bad rifles in the past. They have built some very good rifles also. They tend to be hit or miss (more miss than hit). The dealer may well have contacted Century, but not likely to have contacted CETME. The lower is definately NOT HK if the fire position is up. It may have been built on the HK pattern, but it has a CETME style trigger pack.

This may be a hybrid rifle and that could pose additional problems. There are several differences between the HK's and the CETME's. Some parts interchange, some do not. Bolt carriers, bolts and locking pieces are NOT interchangeable. A hybrid rifle MAY work, but you should KNOW what parts are what in case you need to obtain replacements.

An HK style lower will take HK mags only. A CETME style lower will take CETME or HK mags. Not really a problem as the HK mags are plentiful and cheap ($2 each).

Learn as much as you can about the platform as they are unique. Read up on bolt gap and false gap, ground bolts and section 922r.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 07-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #9

I am not sure who he contacted he said cetme but like I said he could be lieing also he is also the one that told me it was a H&K lower so there you go. anyways I have shot the gun a good bit probaly put about 800 rounds through it and have had no problems at all it will empty four mags in a matter of a min or two with out a problem as far as the gap I had it checked by another gun smith before I even fired it and he said there were no problems I like the gun and hate to get rid of it but I need a new service pistol and cant afford it out right that is the only reason I am trading it. I am trading it in towards a new Glock...