Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > here they are, just wanted to show them off. mosin and Stevens

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 03:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Default here they are, just wanted to show them off. mosin and Stevens

The camo jobbie is a 200 chambered in 308. The mosin is a 91/59. Pretty neat rifles they are. I have a buddy that may want to buy the mosin but it seems pretty nice and I honestly don't know if I want to let it go now that I have it. The stevens , well its staying. I picked up a savage 110 in 7mm rem and the wifey made me get rid of it. This guy has me working on some stuff so we can berter some things. So I'm keeping it. Now to shoot it a little and figure out what to do about the scopes. The 308 has a fixed zoom bsa classic and the mosin has a simmon 4x32. I'm sure id be better suited with something else but for me right now a magnifying glass would suffice. I asked about the scopes in the optics forum. And the camo work in the diy. Need to redo it, I want a nice diy camo job, this was" I'm bored where's the spray paint"

forumrunner_20130416_232402.jpg

forumrunner_20130416_232351.jpg

forumrunner_20130416_232339.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-17-2013, 03:30 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Very nice!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 04-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #3

Liked 1085 Times on 748 Posts
Likes Given: 1108

Those are NICE, not bad, not bad at all....................

When all else fails.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Very nice rifles. Now go shoot them until your shoulder hurts

Old 04-19-2013, 02:26 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I'm waiting on some ammo for both. Rather than run all over I bought some from a couple buddies that have a bunch. Going to clean then this weekend, oil and shoot next week. Any ideas on a cheap range finder?

Old 04-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Had some trouble with the mosin 91/59, hoping someone can offer insight. I went to load a round and I couldn't get the bolt closed all the way.( the bolt binds a little anyhow with the side bolt handle) I then tried filling the magazine from the top and couldn't get them to feed up. Now I only stacked one in and tried racking it into tha chamber. So I gave up and dropped the round in the chamber and still couldn't close the bolt. I pulled the bolt, put the round int the bolt under the ejector and very carefully installed it as a unit. I closed the bolt and fired. Gun went boom, round ejected like it should. So I did this this way three times. I determined the extractor won't go up and around the rim. For full battery. Can anyone offer advice on this. Also the "retainer" tab in the magazine...what actually tips that to let the next round in? I don't have anymore ammo, I need to borrow a few more rounds just try cycling through the magazine. Any advice is much appreciated, hope someone can help. This gun actually shoots pretty close I was just shooting at the ground but hit the clump I aimed at about 75 yds away.