You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Henry Tang sight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2016, 03:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Default Henry Tang sight

So my Henry H001 is GREAT it's my first rifle and is my favorite .22 rifle ever,so it started out scoped and then I kinda went to shooting with irons only so tang is where I found my self. Lyman NO.2 or marbles Improved (what's the differences standard or improved?). I will also need a good sight I don't want a target sight just don't like em so a blade but I like thinner blades if possible. So what do you think? I just need a better set of sights. Thank you. Plinkster.

Sent from my iPad in Iowa using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-04-2016, 02:03 PM   #2

Liked 1063 Times on 693 Posts
Likes Given: 277

I would not put a tang sight on it because they are mounted right where your thumb is designed to go. There are many receiver top mounted peep sights to choose from.
Same with front sights. There are hundreds to choose from. Your front sight would vey likely have to be taller if you change the rear sight.
I am partial to fiber optic sights but that is because my eyesight is failing.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:25 PM   #3

Thanks, I've figured on that so what I'm gonna do is get one of extended hammer thing that comes out the side. FO sights a great but can they fall out? One did on my pellet gun and are they large (obstruct target I mean). Thank you.

Old 05-05-2016, 04:22 AM   #4

Default Henry tang sight

Hello, so I love my Henry and accuracy from it though the sights are obstructive and so a tang is what I think'll work so which do I get a lyman NO.2 or marbles improved (what the differences between the standard and improved) or is a receiver mounted sight best? Either way I'll have to get a new front sight so what should that be? Preferably thinner. Globe sights seem nice but can somebody send me a picture of the ads. Thanks, Plinkster

Old 05-05-2016, 02:19 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7380 Times on 3940 Posts
Likes Given: 584

your threads have been merged. please use one thread per topic. if you think you posted in the wrong subforum, report your own post and put in which subforum you wanted in the description box and we will move it.

thanks.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 05-06-2016, 04:56 AM   #6

Sorry i don't know what happened.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:48 AM   #7

Liked 75 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 11

If a tang sight is utilized the Marbles unit is much better as it has click adjustment for windage as well as screw adjustment for elevation, the Redfield does not have windage adjustment. Both are nicely machined and will require a hole drilled and tapped for the upper screw.

Old 05-11-2016, 03:31 PM   #8

Default Henry Tang sight

Ok thanks now where is the best price for a standard marble be? And it'll be in my henry H001 so what front blade hirohito do I need I don't understand the charts!?! Thanks

Old 05-25-2016, 01:23 PM   #9

Liked 75 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Guess no one will take this on so here goes: I would go on line to Marbles, Brownells or other firearms parts supply and order one, I am not a price shopper I find and purchase from reliable sources. Your front sight blade should be fine as the sight will adjust to it, you will need to remove the factory rear sight....put a dovetail blank in it's place.