Help with a sling thing.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Help with a sling thing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
SoL
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Help with a sling thing.

hey hey

got myself a single point sling for my ruger

the factory swivel studs in the ATI dragunov 10/22 stock are in the very front and rear so I have naturally just attached it to the rear stud and i feel it doesnt hang right.

I noticed on ar-15s etc that it is mounted on the buffer thing juts above the pistol grip right?

Should I bother craeting a new mount stud for it or just stick with the factory one.

THOUGHTS.

SoL

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

You can get single point attachments that fit between the receiver and the stock, but we always just used a foot or so of 550 and a carabiner on the strong side shoulder of our LCE. There is a sling mounting point on the M4 style stock.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.