Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Help with a rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Help with a rifle

Hello,
I am a female, trying to find a good rifle. I have back problems, so i can not use anything with a bad 'kick'. I really don't like the AK 47. It don't kick that bad, I can use that. I just don't like the way it looks. I want something that is nice looking, and is something i can trust to always work. Please help me out here. I already have my dream pistol, and is trying to find the perfect rifle.
Thanks for you're time.

~Kitty 87

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

an sks shoots the same bullets as an ak,and they aren't as "evil scary" looking if thats what you were looking for.

if your just going to use it for plinking,get a .22 almost no kick and ammo is cheap.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America,and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation, under God, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:36 PM   #3

I'am looking for something to put money into. My friend has a Daniel defense. The thing I don't like with the ak47 is how he has it wood. I know I can get it with different stalks. I want something like that. I have three .22s already and I love them. I can out do the guys here with a .22, but yet suck with the pistol. Lol. I was looking at a HK 416, but can not find how much recoil they have.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:47 PM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Please stop by the introductions thread and let us get to know you a bit. Now, what are you going to use it for? What range and what intended uses? Help us help you.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 02-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Welcome to the forum Kitty 87! Swing by the Introductions section when you get a chance, and tell us a little about yourself.

What is your intended use of the rifle you are looking to buy?
Plinking, target, home defense, hunting, etc? If we knew a little about what you wanted it for, we may be able to better help you find what you are looking for

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Last edited by Gatekeeper; 02-28-2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Bear beat me to it :D

Old 02-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #6

Self defense and hunting. I will do go there after I submit this. Thanks guys.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

What about an AR-15?
plenty of ways to make it "purty"

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

Old 02-28-2010, 08:35 PM   #8

So far, that's what I am leaning towards. A Daniel Defense AR 15 is looking wonderful.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

For a self defense, target, and hunting in a reliable rifle with low recoil, Id have to say check out the Ar-15.
The standard chambering of .223/5.56mm is great for varmints but may be a little small for deer unless you use quality hunting bullets and careful shot placement.
Larger calibers such as the 6.5 grendel and 6.8 SPC are available and would be fine for deer size game but ammo will be a little more expensive/hard to find.
You can purchase models with tons of different configurations and finishes from tactical to heavy varmint and everything in between. Once you have one, different upper recievers can be purchased and you can change to different barrel lengths/ weights and calibers in seconds should you choose.

just a pic I found on web

If you aren't too concerned with the self/home defense aspect of the rifle and big game hunting is more your thing any number of bolt, pump, and semi-auto rifles are available in effective, low recoil chamberings such as .243, .260, 7mm-08 etc

Edit--I type too slow, y'all beat me too it

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 02-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #10

lol, thanks guys. My friend is buying a Daniel defense, suppose to be tomorrow.I am going to go shot with him to see if I like it.