Help please, is this a good deal or no - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Help please, is this a good deal or no

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2610 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

I agree with Control on this one. When

I sell a firearm FTF, I want to see

a CCW. I have one, and if you don't,

there is something wrong.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post

There is a big difference between seeing\verifying that someone has the proper licensing (if required) and selling a gun to an ffl rather than a private party.
You guys realize you sound like noobs right?

Old 09-16-2013, 03:00 AM   #13

Liked 1302 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjazzblue View Post
Hello guys, I'm fairly new here (even though for some reason it says that ive been on for months now). I hate to start off my new membership here by being so bold as to ask for advice, but I'm in a time crunch and kinda need help here. I was offered a nice SAVAGE 110 TACTICAL .308 for SUBCOMPACT Riffle with scope in exchange for my Sig SP 2340 with mags, holster, and ammo (1 and a half box of hollow points and target pushers).

Other people have offered other things as well like a WINCHESTER MODEL 92 (1892) STYLE LEVER ACTION IN .44-40, or a Ruger SR9 Compact 9mm Stainless, or Beretta PX4. Do you guys think any of these would be a good deal? Thank you guys

A
The 110FP 308 is an older pre-accutrigger model produce before 2001. They are great shooting rifles,and also have an adjustable trigger that most guy's like better than the accutrigger. The factory stocks,Suck,and most change them out with an aftermarket stock.
The average used price for one of these rifles is around $350-450,if it comes with a scope,unless it is a high quality scope it won't add anything to the value of the rifle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Control View Post
Due to liability concerns I would not sell, trade, loan or give a pistol to anyone without going through your states background and other requirements.

Sell it to an FFL dealer and get a receipt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post

Damn,Both of you guy's are paranoid!
As long as the buyer/seller have a valid drivers license from the state they are doing the gun deal in,and a bill of sale is filled out with the buyer/seller's information-Name/Address/Drivers License #/Phone #,and you ask them if they are allowed to own a firearm.
I've handled personal gun sales/trades like this for many years with zero problems.

Therewolf, I not only don't have a CCW,I will never pay a tax to any state for them to tell me I can do what the U.S. Constitution tells me I have the right to do as an American citizen. The Right To Bear Arms!

If you wanted to do gun trading with me,and then wouldn't because I don't have one of those stupid tax certificate's-CCW,I'd just tell you to kiss my a$$.
Nothing personal against you,but that's just how I feel against anyone that has that attitude towards legal gun owners.
North American Hunting Club
Axxe55 Likes This