Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Help please, is this a good deal or no (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/help-please-good-deal-no-97074/)

Kingjazzblue 09-15-2013 08:32 AM

Help please, is this a good deal or no

Hello guys, I'm fairly new here (even though for some reason it says that ive been on for months now). I hate to start off my new membership here by being so bold as to ask for advice, but I'm in a time crunch and kinda need help here. I was offered a nice SAVAGE 110 TACTICAL .308 for SUBCOMPACT Riffle with scope in exchange for my Sig SP 2340 with mags, holster, and ammo (1 and a half box of hollow points and target pushers).

Other people have offered other things as well like a WINCHESTER MODEL 92 (1892) STYLE LEVER ACTION IN .44-40, or a Ruger SR9 Compact 9mm Stainless, or Beretta PX4. Do you guys think any of these would be a good deal? Thank you guys

A

DrumJunkie 09-15-2013 10:49 AM

Prices are pretty close. It comes down to need or want.

hardluk1 09-15-2013 02:59 PM

You more than likely should have traded for the model 92 Winchester. Even a real beater of a '92 would be worth more than the sig. That was a mistake. On the savage if its got a good mid range scope or better, make the trade. If a cheap scope quess it matters if you need a rifle or need the sp2340 more.

therewolf 09-15-2013 05:54 PM

I'd be careful that is a very nice scope on that Savage.

Case in point: I've recently thrown a couple scopes which won't

hold zero in the trash. They aren't worth the ammo they waste.

A lot of times folks try to recoup their losses by throwing them

in on a trade. I'd be sure you're getting a Leupold, or something

else top notch.

The SIG is, unarguably, a fine value. The Savage Tactical, after

all is said and done, is a bolt-action with a fancy stock.

Kingjazzblue 09-15-2013 06:32 PM

Thank you all for the info and considerations. I'm going with the Savage I believe. I love long range shooting and it is something that is a missing quality in my collection :)

bwraven 09-15-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

I love long range shooting and it is something that is a missing quality in my collection
That is the reason you should do the trade.

MOshooter 09-15-2013 07:10 PM

Good luck with your trade and enjoy the Savage rifle.

Control 09-15-2013 07:47 PM

Due to liability concerns I would not sell, trade, loan or give a pistol to anyone without going through your states background and other requirements.

Sell it to an FFL dealer and get a receipt.

Steel_Talon 09-15-2013 07:51 PM

Are you set on separating yourself from your Sig.? If not then keep it and buy a rifle you want. If your set on parting with the Sic. Then that Savage is a good piece of equipment.

mountainman13 09-15-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Control (Post 1373080)
Due to liability concerns I would not sell, trade, loan or give a pistol to anyone without going through your states background and other requirements.

Sell it to an FFL dealer and get a receipt.

Transfer through an FFL sure. Selling to one is never a good idea. When selling to an FFL you should expect to get about half what the gun is worth. Ffls have overhead and need to profit. Private buyers don't. Depending on the state you're in involving an FFL may not even be necessary.