Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Help with old gun price

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 03:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Help with old gun price

First of all hello! im not really sure if i have this in the right place but anyways....

My grandpa has a double barrel mussel loading shotgun. Its a w.w.greener. From what we have been told its a model "48 duke"

From the research ive done on greeners, they seem pretty valuable. We basicaly would like to know what its worth, maybe a little history on it, and anything interesting.

We had a guy apraise it and he sad ti MIGHT be worh 500 bucks. Now from all the other greener prices ive seen, thats a little low.

i have some pics of it somewhere, ill go dig them up and add them in a min....

Thanks in advance,
Josh

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-12-2008, 03:40 AM   #2

Any info at all on this gun would be great! oh and like i said, im not 100% sure its a model "duke 48"

Old 01-12-2008, 04:16 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

do not see anything in the book called a "Duke 48"
there prices seem to range in the mid $1500.00 for average grade "60%" gun in there other models

Old 01-12-2008, 06:15 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Don't worry about the price. Hang on to that thing, it should be worth more to you any way.

My grandmother has a pre-fire Colt revolver that everyone in the family wants an appraised value on. I just want the pistol. It's absolutely beautiful, It has hand carved, gold engraving on it and a great patina. It belonged to her great uncle who rode with some of the big names of the old west.

I keep begging her for it, but she plans on passing it to her eldest son. I know he will take great care of it and keep it in the family though, so it is all good.