Help with a long range semi-auto? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Help with a long range semi-auto?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 05:59 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
338 Lapua for under $2k?.....ok...

Maybe all these long range hunters we're getting lately need to look into these....better not to arm these people with anything "real"
my boy would kick another kids butt for a nerf rifle like this

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:07 AM   #32

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was a deprived child...I never had Nerf
I got a stick and some dirt and I was HAPPY with it. Kids these days with their internet and their game-stations and zoo-zop pets and what not.
To quote my father and grandfather who enstilled the same values in us.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:23 AM   #33

I feel the BAR in a magnum would put you easily in the 400 yard range with some good handloads and a lot of practice, no problem. And you should be able to beat that price you mentioned by a lot. I picked this one up very cheap a little while back. It's a 1970 BAR Grade II in 7mm Mag.

One more option you may want to look at, altho it will limit your range a bit is a Remmy 750 in 35 Whelen. It's a heck of a round for elk out to 350 yards if you can shoot, heh heh!

Here's three shots at 100 yards using factory Remington ammo with mine and it's a carbine. I've always prefered an auto over a bolt gun when hunting. But I agree with the others 550 plus yards is pushing it to the extreem.

Last edited by Deadman1; 04-01-2010 at 05:26 AM.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:42 AM   #34

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like the BAR you have. I like the BARs a lot, but have never actually seen one in a magnum load, most of them I see are in the 308win or 30-06. If I want an auto-loader in that caliber I think I'd go with a Springer M1A. I think the more cost effective way would be to get a BAR and make a custom cheek-weld if I need it, course I'll be mounting the scope as low as I can. I not too sure if I would be realisticly be willing to shell out that much for an R1 unless I actually got to get my hands on one and see the features for myself, its sort of my pet-peeves.

Perhaps with the money I would have left over with a BARs lower cost I could just get a better scope and good ammo loading materials and practice. Because the 338win mag's ballistics have a big gravity pull on me right now.

Tags
300 yards, caliber, elk, rifle, semi-auto