Help
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 03:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Help

Ok iam hopin yalll can help me out here. I just bought a Savage 12FV in .308 Win and need optics. Now with the savage stock iam going to replace it and put and adjustbale cheak peice stock on so scope height is not a problem. BUt iam going ot be doing some medium to long range shooting and need help picking the scope and power. SO put up scope and ideas try ot keep the scopes under 1000 please and keep in mind the rifle cost 650

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-01-2008, 08:06 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Gday Bambikiller,

I bought a 4-12x52 Pro-Tactical brand scope for my .308 Remington and i find it it is a great scope up to 500 yards (the distance i have used it at) i could see the target quite clearly with it at that distance. It also seems to be a very well made scope, good quality with full adjustments. The scope cost me $599.

Regards, Matty

Proud to be a Sporting Shooter.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:33 PM   #3

Thanks you ill look into it

It is better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Old 05-02-2008, 08:38 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I shoot only Leupold scopes PERIOD If this is going to be a hunting gun I would recomand you go with a scope with no more than a 4 1/2 x 14 power. You definately will need target knobs, a range finder and a tested drop chart. If your rifle is for target only the more power the better. I have picked up 4 Leupold 24X target scopes at gun shows for $ 400 ea, but since your looking for a good use scope they won`t be any around, Murry`s law.

Catfish
Ohio

Old 05-03-2008, 06:25 AM   #5

Thanks cat fish my dad actually just put one on his tikka and he loves it so ill look in to it

It is better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6