Having Issues With Cetme .308

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Having Issues With Cetme .308

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Having Issues With Cetme .308

Ive been having some issues with my Rifle seems the bolt wont close all the way when i fire a round out of it not all the time but it still does it does anyone think i need new rollers or just replace the hole bolt Assembly.I do use Nato rounds which is recomended for it not the Winchester 308 so anyone have any ideas im all ears Thxs

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-14-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I'm trying to think what would cause this with my CETME, never had that problem. Is this something that just started with a rifle you've had a while? Is it a sheetmetal or cast receiver? General condition of the rifle?

I'm no pro on this rifle maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Couple of things, I'll asume your rifle is spotlessly clean and well oiled. It does this with all 4 or 5 mags you have tried in it. You have checked the headspace and found a problem. You get this with several types of surplus ammo.

Here is some CETME stuff you probably already know. Good Luck, Ken

"The older I get, The better I was"