Hands Off!....Period!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Hands Off!....Period!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 980 Times on 646 Posts
Likes Given: 628

Default Hands Off!....Period!!

There was a thread posted recently about lending your guns. The consensus was that if you are right there, guns are somewhat freely shared. I'm wondering if anyone has a gun that is off-limits to EVERYONE, you are the only one to have ever shot it. Doesn't have to be a collector item, or anything special.......My most recent aquisition is a semi-custom from Savage, SS, LH, & re barreled. I sort of want to keep it to myself, but am wondering what other people think. In our shooting group there is plenty of sharing, and more than a few Lefties.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #2

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

So, that is one gun you are not willing to lend out -- that's obvious even to me, Mr. "a gun is a tool." Handing it to someone and standing next to them while they take one shot, and retreiving it from them then and there should also be allowed. Once. Maybe for a small fee and a large security deposit (if it has value you should charge for it). Apply a discount for (blood) relatives the concensus will no doubt say...

Old 02-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8825 Times on 3820 Posts
Likes Given: 1364

Not really. There are several I would not loan to most people, but my kids and grandkids shoot with me. One of these days, they are going to own them. The Anarchist-in-Training (granddaughter) has already decided which are HERS.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5686 Times on 3213 Posts
Likes Given: 5076

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Not really. There are several I would not loan to most people, but my kids and grandkids shoot with me. One of these days, they are going to own them. The Anarchist-in-Training (granddaughter) has already decided which are HERS.
If I don't trust an individual enough to handle, and shoot, one of my guns, I don't trust him enough to go shooting with him in the first place!

Winston Churchill

Old 02-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I offer mine up at a simple glance. If I notice someone looking or overhear them talking, most don't realize I'm wearing electronic ear pro, about any of mine I extend an invitation.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #6

Liked 1442 Times on 876 Posts
Likes Given: 335

I don't have any firearm that can't be shared with me standing there, but I don't own one that would go out without me, unless it was with my Son.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 02-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #7

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Unless you act like a complete idiot i will let someone shot any firearm I own. Just not way from me.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #8

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
Unless you act like a complete idiot i will let someone shot any firearm I own. Just not way from me.
Same here. I will let someone shoot my firearms if I am standing right there. I did refuse to let someone shoot my .44 mag Super Blackhawk once because I had full loads in it and I was concerned that the recoil would be too much for this person. I was afraid the gun would come back and strike this person in the head or he would drop it and I didn't want to see either happen.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #9

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Blue;
Had that happen at range I worked at. 454 Cassul came back and the hammer embedded in the guy's forehead. We sent him to the hospital, gun attached.

When I fired one the first time myself the guy who let me was complaining -- he hated shooting the thing but it was too expensive to sell at the loss he'd take. His hands were cut and bleeding from the recoil. He fully loaded it for me and got MAD when I only fired it once... I was wearing cotton gloves and it came out of my left hand from an isocoles hold. It was enough for me at the time. LOL

Old 02-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #10

Liked 374 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Depends on the person. I have a friend I would trust with mine... I would let him borrow it for a week if he asked. I have another friend that I would not let look at the firearms I own.

NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT