Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Handi-rifles (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/handi-rifles-51626/)

97cobra 11-11-2011 11:55 PM

Handi-rifles
 
An handi-rifle barrels be swapped out for different calibers?

Gatoragn 11-12-2011 12:58 AM

Absolutely. But the only caliber I have is a .280 Rem.

97cobra 11-12-2011 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatoragn
Absolutely. But the only caliber I have is a .280 Rem.

So you could get a 45-70 barrel ad shoot it if you already have a 500 S&W?

Drriley 11-12-2011 01:01 PM

Not always, and it is a factory job. H&R says: "We do not sell additional barrels outright. All barrels must be factory fitted."

And they do list a 45/70 barrel.

H&R 1871 - Barrel Accessory Program

HOSSFLY 11-12-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drriley (Post 625757)
Not always, and it is a factory job. H&R says: "We do not sell additional barrels outright. All barrels must be factory fitted."

And they do list a 45/70 barrel.

H&R 1871 - Barrel Accessory Program

That is correct-
Its very likely that another barrel wud work but I wud NOT take the chance :o

Muliemaster 11-12-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

That is correct-
Its very likely that another barrel wud work but I wud NOT take the chance :o

H&r1871 under customer support go to barrel program if u have a sb2 handi they can fit any shotgun or rifle to it except rimfire. But it has to be the sb2 frame which the model will say sb2 handi rifle

Muliemaster 11-12-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drriley
Not always, and it is a factory job. H&R says: "We do not sell additional barrels outright. All barrels must be factory fitted."

And they do list a 45/70 barrel.

H&R 1871 - Barrel Accessory Program

Also the rifle barrels are only $114

HOSSFLY 11-12-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muliemaster (Post 625770)
H&r1871 under customer support go to barrel program if u have a sb2 handi
Quote:

they can fit any shotgun or rifle to it
except rimfire. But it has to be the sb2 frame which the model will say sb2 handi rifle

Thats my point- It has to be FITTED -

97cobra 11-13-2011 12:43 AM

Yeah I wanted to know if the barrels would be interchangeable. If it has to be fitted I'd be better off buying another rifle to shoot the 45-70

303tom 11-13-2011 03:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My favorite pairing !


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:57 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.