Guns you would never own. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Guns you would never own.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282
Glock or any other plastic gun. They are all ugly and they feel funny, out of balance.
Remington 770. Straight garbage!
And I would never own a hi- point pistol. My buddys has major ejection problems. And they look so crappy!

Guns Don't kill people... Stupid people kill people with Guns!

Old 02-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #12

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

I wonder how many gun manufactures have a stroke every time they see a tread named "what gun would you not buy?"

I'll buy any gun if the price is right. I just try to avoid odd calibers, I have enough safe queens already.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8825 Times on 3820 Posts
Likes Given: 1364

(Laughing as he rolls out the fire extinguisher)

There ARE a few I would not have- however, those are guns built SO cheaply their ONLY advantage is they may not shoot at all (so you do not get injured by the guns going BOOOOM as they self- disassemble)

That does NOT include Hi Points, Glocks, or (fill in name of gun you want to kick around this week). It DOES include the pot metal junk guns that were made in Europe during the 50s and 60s, such as Clerke, RG, Rohm, no name Spanish revolvers, etc. It does include some guns that do not have a good record of being reliable- Jennings, Raven, Jiminez, etc.

However, within the limits of what you SHOULD expect, some inexpensive guns are fun and decent shooters- Llama, Star, etc. No, they are not equal to a "best quality" gun, but not bad.

And one last- I would not buy a gun I could not shoot. Yes, it is a BEAUTIFUL mint condition unfired specimen of a rare gun that went out of production 50 years ago, and has NEVER been shot. Yeah- guess what is going to happen right after that gets cleaned and lubed!!!

As far as the military surplus guns- I would not buy a Mauser or Luger BECAUSE it had a waffenampt on it, nor would I turn one down. The gun is inanimate, and not responsible for what a person did with it. Have a couple of firearms from Vietnam- they are MINE now.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #14

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I see trouble in the future.

Everybody........play nice!
Same here. I sense a storm coming. Please maintain the peace.

As far as hating Nazi memorabilia, I don't have a problem with it. The NAZI jerk that was using the equipment was the problem.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
Hi point pistols mey be UGLY but they are Tougher than nails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvvurXmAmg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FoWpog5KU4&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_HXtEvjlGg

Oly is the only manufacture that offers a 22-250 and a 30 Oly. To me from what I have seen and shot the Oly and DPMS is just as good as any other AR on the market.

Lorcin is one gun I wouldn't own. That's about it.
There aren't my cup of tea, but I have to admit they are one tough SOB. Those videos were entertaining too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
First of all, I have no problem w/ anyone having or owning any gun of their choice. That is their right and I will defend that right. There is nothing wrong w/ the guns I would never own, they are just not my cup of tea. I would never criticize a person or the gun just because I don't find it interesting. As long as they use it safely, I have no problem. That being said, I would never own the following: any kind of muzzle loader, any kind of handgun, any lever action except the M99 Savage or the M88 Winchester, a Mossberg M500 pump shotgun (I've had too many ejection problems w/ them), any fully auto or semi auto rifle or shotgun except a .22LR semi auto, any military rifle except a M98 Mauser or 1903 Springfield. I guess that narrows down my field, but I don't have the time, funds, or room to have guns in all of the genres, but those listed are the ones I would never have for sure.
cottontop
Wow that cuts out a lot of guns. I'm guessing you like to shoot long range targets with a good old fasion bolt gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellmaster207 View Post
I wonder how many gun manufactures have a stroke every time they see a tread named "what gun would you not buy?"

I'll buy any gun if the price is right. I just try to avoid odd calibers, I have enough safe queens already.
If I was a gun manufacturer, this is exactly the type of thread I want too see. It shows me what not to do, and if one of my guns makes the list, It helps me to identify the problem, and fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
(Laughing as he rolls out the fire extinguisher)

There ARE a few I would not have- however, those are guns built SO cheaply their ONLY advantage is they may not shoot at all (so you do not get injured by the guns going BOOOOM as they self- disassemble)

That does NOT include Hi Points, Glocks, or (fill in name of gun you want to kick around this week). It DOES include the pot metal junk guns that were made in Europe during the 50s and 60s, such as Clerke, RG, Rohm, no name Spanish revolvers, etc. It does include some guns that do not have a good record of being reliable- Jennings, Raven, Jiminez, etc.

However, within the limits of what you SHOULD expect, some inexpensive guns are fun and decent shooters- Llama, Star, etc. No, they are not equal to a "best quality" gun, but not bad.

And one last- I would not buy a gun I could not shoot. Yes, it is a BEAUTIFUL mint condition unfired specimen of a rare gun that went out of production 50 years ago, and has NEVER been shot. Yeah- guess what is going to happen right after that gets cleaned and lubed!!!

As far as the military surplus guns- I would not buy a Mauser or Luger BECAUSE it had a waffenampt on it, nor would I turn one down. The gun is inanimate, and not responsible for what a person did with it. Have a couple of firearms from Vietnam- they are MINE now.
Thank you for the list of guns to not get, and thank you for the list of cheap good guns. I'll have to go check some out now.
I understand guns are just tools, but it's just something I cannot explain. There is something about Nazi pistols that I just don't like. I cannot really name any other gun I don't like because of its history.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 02-13-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #16
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7088 Times on 4266 Posts
Likes Given: 8583

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
I would love to have a Viet Nam era SKS with a spike bayonet.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #17

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I think I have seen enough posts about the Remington 770 to convince me not to buy one.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #18

Liked 176 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Glock or any other plastic gun. They are all ugly and they feel funny, out of balance.
I agree,and if you don't grip it for dear life it becomes a jam-o-matic.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 02-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #19

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I wouldn't worry at all about a gun's history, as C3 pointed out, it's an inanimate object. I almost bought a Ruger single action .44 mag (can't remember the exact model) for dirt cheap, the man selling it was asking $200. He was getting rid of it because it only had one shot fired through it, the one his son used to commit suicide. The gun had not been cleaned. Only reason I don't have it is because someone else beat me to it.

I would get a GLOCK, but only if all my other desires were satisfied first and there simply wasn't anything left on the market for me to spend money on.

I can't think of any gun that I would just turn down. Many that I would pass on for being overpriced, or because I want something else instead, but none that I would just flat out refuse to own.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I wouldn't worry at all about a gun's history, as C3 pointed out, it's an inanimate object. I almost bought a Ruger single action .44 mag (can't remember the exact model) for dirt cheap, the man selling it was asking $200. He was getting rid of it because it only had one shot fired through it, the one his son used to commit suicide. The gun had not been cleaned. Only reason I don't have it is because someone else beat me to it.

I would get a GLOCK, but only if all my other desires were satisfied first and there simply wasn't anything left on the market for me to spend money on.

I can't think of any gun that I would just turn down. Many that I would pass on for being overpriced, or because I want something else instead, but none that I would just flat out refuse to own.
In that situation, I would take it, but I would really perfer NOT to know what it had been used for.
Now if anyone was just giving a gun away, heck yeah I would take it regardless of brand, history, or condition. (I would be a little suspicious though ).