gunbroker problem
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > gunbroker problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 03:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default gunbroker problem

I don't know exactly what section this should be in so forgive me.

I just sold a scope to a buyer in the UK but my auction specified no international buyers excepted, yet he bought it anyway. I didn't plan on paying the extra shipping cost or the possibly more complicated payment arrangement. I sent gunbroker a message but it takes them a while to get back.

Thought you guys might have some experience to share so thought I'd ask. I would like to just cancel the deal but I don't know how to do that without getting bad feedback.

Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-02-2012, 04:12 AM   #2

Liked 743 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 232

I'd cancel the sale. I sell mostly on Ebay. On Ebay you can set your listing so people from other countries can not bid on your stuff.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:25 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9138 Times on 3946 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

I take it you made the sale on Gunbroker? Would post a negative feedback (unqualified bidder ignored auction terms) and repost it. That way you do not get zapped for auction fees.

IF you try shipping that scope, you will lose it to customs. Certain firearms related items that COULD have a military use cannot be exported from the US without a license- issued by State Department. Scopes are one of those items. Popular seller over there on GB, Locust Fork, found out the hard way.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:38 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2848 Times on 1485 Posts
Likes Given: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by rembrant88 View Post
I don't know exactly what section this should be in so forgive me.

I just sold a scope to a buyer in the UK but my auction specified no international buyers excepted, yet he bought it anyway. I didn't plan on paying the extra shipping cost or the possibly more complicated payment arrangement. I sent gunbroker a message but it takes them a while to get back.

Thought you guys might have some experience to share so thought I'd ask. I would like to just cancel the deal but I don't know how to do that without getting bad feedback.

Thanks.
No international buyers excepted? That means they can bid. You used the wrong word. You should have used accepted. Wrong word choice could cause you a problem.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 04-02-2012, 07:14 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
No international buyers excepted? That means they can bid. You used the wrong word. You should have used accepted. Wrong word choice could cause you a problem.
Lol. My spelling has gotten me in trouble before, but in this case it was stated in the gunbroker selling options that I went through, so the word is in red above my description. I didn't include in my own words that no international buyers are "accepted" because I figured the bold print next to the other details would be sufficient. He sent me an email asking if he could bid on the mount that went with the scope, explaining why it was okay to ship a non firearm item overseas, so he was well aware of my policy and bought the scope anyway. The other item still has a few days but I assume he will get it because he already bought the scope.

c3shooter, thanks for the advice. That it is a problem with this item being shipped there I don't know, but I er on the side of caution. Can you direct me to the best way to cancel that auction? Is posting the negative feedback enough by itself? I've only sold one thing besides this incident so I'm very new to how GB operates.

hiwall, I was going to sell it on ebay, as you recommend, but I need the GB feedback. Unfortunately the only sale I've had the buyer didn't leave any feedback .

Thanks guys. You've been very helpful.

Last edited by rembrant88; 04-02-2012 at 08:02 AM. Reason: more bad spelling!

Old 04-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I hate gunbroker!. I thought I sent a message the other day but I noticed there was not an issue opened up. I went back to the support page and tried to send one again and it won't let me. Man, gunbroker sucks. It was hard enough to get my account started and now I have to go through all this crap.

Sorry. I'm calming down now.

Do you guys know of a gun auction site that knows what they're doing? I'm tempted to cancel out right now.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9138 Times on 3946 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

Rembrandt- advise buyer that your auction terms were no international sales, that you are not an exporter, and that he can provide you with a UNITED STATES address to ship to, you will do so (some folks may have an exporter lined up) AFTER his payment clears.

If he wants to argue that a scope is not a gun, you can ship to him, yada yada yada, ignore him, post a neg as non-qualified bidder, relist. Also:http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/BuyerProblem.aspx

I do have dealings on GB, but prefer auctionarms (now gunauction.com). Not perfect, but pretty decent.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I've never dealt with the site. But did you say he contacted you about bidding and you gave him permission or just that he contacted you about it? If he has written word from you that he could bid then I suggest you find an answer that works for both of you.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Rembrandt- advise buyer that your auction terms were no international sales, that you are not an exporter, and that he can provide you with a UNITED STATES address to ship to, you will do so (some folks may have an exporter lined up) AFTER his payment clears.

If he wants to argue that a scope is not a gun, you can ship to him, yada yada yada, ignore him, post a neg as non-qualified bidder, relist. Also:http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/BuyerProblem.aspx

I do have dealings on GB, but prefer auctionarms (now gunauction.com). Not perfect, but pretty decent.
Thanks. I'll do that. I'll have to figure out how to post a neg. I'm not to familiar with the site yet. I guess these are just those things you have to deal with. I'll look into gunauction and see what that's like. I'll hang around GB for a while. Maybe it will be good anger management therapy.

He contacted me about the mount that goes with the scope, which sells later, and than bought the scope. I never contacted him because I'm watching my moves. Want to make sure I don't make a mistake. What a pain.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #10

Liked 743 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 232

The thing I did not like with gunbroker is that most pay with a money order. I like paypal payments as I don't ever have to go to the bank(30 miles away) and the payment is instant. Plus on Ebay your stuff is viewed by many more people. The fact that Ebay(and Paypal) are anti-gun leftists sucks though.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.