Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   which gun to use? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/gun-use-79927/)

potentialglock 12-31-2012 06:49 PM

which gun to use?

So normal new years tradition is to blow up our gingerbread houses with firecrackers. This year we decided to shake it up and use a firearm to destroy them. I've narrowed it down to my Mosin, Winchester model 24 12 ga. Or my Remington r1

Garadex 12-31-2012 07:31 PM

I'd do it with the Winchester but that may end the fun to fast, so maybe the Remington.

Trez 12-31-2012 08:24 PM

Mosin... Shoot the 5 rds. and bayonet anything that remains! :)

Axxe55 12-31-2012 08:27 PM

the Mosin and some Tannerite! would beat the hell out of firecrackers!:D

blucoondawg 12-31-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 1073813)
the Mosin and some Tannerite! would beat the hell out of firecrackers!:D

Great minds think alike! LOL, I was just going to post this exact idea.:D

potentialglock 12-31-2012 08:37 PM

Well mom killed the idea. One with the mosin (first time I've shot it btw) 2 in high miss. Then 2 12 ga. So fun ended quickly. With only one round thru the mosin how should I clean it?

HockaLouis 12-31-2012 09:01 PM

Very well or else it'll lose value...

locutus 12-31-2012 09:02 PM

Uhhhh.........

Why dontcha just eat that gingerbread???:confused::confused::confused:

locutus 12-31-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potentialglock (Post 1073829)
Well mom killed the idea. One with the mosin (first time I've shot it btw) 2 in high miss. Then 2 12 ga. So fun ended quickly. With only one round thru the mosin how should I clean it?

to clean the chamber and bore:

If the ammo was non-corrosive, clean normally.

If corrosive, run boiling hot soapy water through it, scrub it with a couple of patches or a bronze brush soaked in the hot soapy water, then rinse with copious amounts of clear boiling water. (I use at least a quart) Let it air dry, then run a patch soaked in alcohol though to get the last drops of water.

I'm very persnickety about cleaning after using corrosive ammo. OTOH, that may be why I've been able gto use literally tens of thousands of rounds of highly corrosive ammo over the years and never had a speck of rust!

potentialglock 12-31-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1073868)

to clean the chamber and bore:

If the ammo was non-corrosive, clean normally.

If corrosive, run boiling hot soapy water through it, scrub it with a couple of patches or a bronze brush soaked in the hot soapy water, then rinse with copious amounts of clear boiling water. (I use at least a quart) Let it air dry, then run a patch soaked in alcohol though to get the last drops of water.

I'm very persnickety about cleaning after using corrosive ammo. OTOH, that may be why I've been able gto use literally tens of thousands of rounds of highly corrosive ammo over the years and never had a speck of rust!

Even only one round?