Gun Safe recommendation - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Gun Safe recommendation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
Might take a look at these. His own branded safes look like a good value.

Frank Zykan Safe & Vault, LLC - AMSEC Gun Safes
Those safes are huge. I would definitely get one of those. Although I do not even want to imagine the shipping costs. 1000 lbs for your average safe!

Old 08-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Agreed on liking my Liberty safe (through gandermountain), especially the door organizer for handguns. Mine has room for a half dozen handguns in the door pocket holstes and some other nice pockets for warranty papers & pistol mags & such. I don't know how many rifles mine would hold; i have half of mine set up as shelves for a couple of larger pistols & accessories. You could probably pack about ten longguns on each side, but it would be tight.

I never bothered with the lights, but make sure you get the dehumidifier rod and safe cord.

My only regret is that i have a push button pad to enter the code instead of a strictly mechanical dial.

I was surprised at the four mounting holes in the safe bottom, like "ooh a holey safe".

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:56 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis845 View Post
I did allot of research on this subject. As a matter of fact, I have a Liberty Fatboy safe being delivered this Wednesday. I have a BBB complaint in against Patriot Safes. Won't go into it. One of the rules are; buy a larger safe than you think you will need. If you pick it up and install it yourself, you can negotiate one down to $2,000.00 new. Also, Craigs List is a good place to find a used one. The Fatboy comes with the nice door panel and motion detector lights. The delivery and placement where you want it is pretty expensive, but for my tired old worn out body worth it. Other good safes are Ft. Knox and Browning. Good luck.
Thanks for the advise. I am leaning towards the Fatboy safe myself.

Stag1

Endowment Lifetime NRA Member, Certified CCW/Pistol instructor.

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them". – Richard Henry Lee 1788