gun related iPhone apps..?? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

gun related iPhone apps..??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 164 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
That's funny you mentioned that, because I have not said anything as of yet,..but now is as good a time as any to "break" the story: We will soon have a Podcast here. Yes, our very own FTF podcast. In fact,..I can tell you that 2 episodes are already "in the Can",....we're just waiting for the back end coding to be completed,..and we will be recording again this week as well. The Hosts are myself and Vikingdad, and we hope to be joined by TekGreg, and plan on guests( already in development) as well. I'll be starting a podcast thread shortly, and we'll also take topic suggestions, e-mails and such. Hope you'll be one of our listeners...
Oh I will love that!! And will most certainly prescribe to the podcast! Be keeping a heads up on upcoming threads-

Old 10-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #22
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

Oh I will love that!! And will most certainly prescribe to the podcast! Be keeping a heads up on upcoming threads-
Outstanding! Even thought I hate Facebook now we will Prob. set up one for the show as well.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #23
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9175 Times on 4958 Posts
Likes Given: 19351

Say what? FTF podcast? Featuring popular members? With celebrity guests? Free giveaways? I will subscribe.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
Say what? FTF podcast? Featuring popular members? With celebrity guests? Free giveaways? I will subscribe.
Not sure about Giveaways,..but If we get stuff donated we will def. Give it away, and everything else you mentioned is basically what it's going to be...

Right now it's a "Pre-Record," But at some point we hope to go "Live as it Happens" (we still have all of our equipment from Sportscasting!) and we're hoping to do live remote interviews at special events..
One question I have been asked is "Why an FTF Podcast?" My answer is WHY NOT? It gives us another method of reaching out, and Users the chance to interact with each other & the Admins/Mods here as well. Also gives current Advertisers another promotional outlet, and future advertisers an added venue for their products..
SO far there will be three ways to get the Podcast: A) Direct Download from the Site, B) Through FEEDBURNER if you Use an RSS reader for Text & Audio News, and C) Through iTunes(details to follow). It's also Possible we will get on Either Stitcher, Or Tune In, which are both Internet Radio Apps(for both Droid & iOS), since we were on those outlets prior to this with Football content, and there is a possibility of iHeart Radio & Mixlr As well...since I'm Producing Content For the NFL Players Assn. Website On those Platforms...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 10-22-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #25

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallshotgun88 View Post
hey ya'll...
when I'm bored at work I often whip out my iPhone and peruse this forum. Then I realized, that's about all I do on my phone when I'm bored.

I thought it'd be nice to start a thread where we could recommend cool/fun firearms related apps (for those of us who use iPhones to cure boredom)...

The FirearmsTALK app for iPhone is built very well.

I also occasionally play Deer Hunter 2014..

...your turn
Been reading through all of the replies and I figured I'd see more apps mentioned...anyways there's one app I have on my iPhone gun-related it is a Bullet Drop Calculator. Works fairly well.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA
Been reading through all of the replies and I figured I'd see more apps mentioned...anyways there's one app I have on my iPhone gun-related it is a Bullet Drop Calculator. Works fairly well.
The Winchester Ballistics App does that,..as well as let you log load data for handloads...also lists all the Winchester Ammo Data for their Boxed Ammo....

Old 10-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

I use the built in iPhone level app occasionally. It's waaaay more accurate than a bubble level. And the perfect size for leveling a scope.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:38 AM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I found a fun shooting game app for my 4S, It's called "NRA-practice range" and you can choose different locations like shooting in an indoor range, an outdoor shooting game kind of like whack a mole or something, or skeet shooting, ECT...
You can upgrade, or purchase different weapons,
Yadda-Yadda-Yadda,
Anyway, to check it out, I've pasted the link below; https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nra-practice-range/id584567057?mt=8

Last edited by winkenstein; 12-16-2013 at 01:45 AM.