Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Gun purchase issue...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 05:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default Gun purchase issue...

Hi all.
I'm in a bit of a quandary about an order I made almost a month ago(Nov. 26th), I ordered a Mosin Nagant M91/30 Hexagonal shaped Receiver almost a month ago and I feel I'm getting the run around from the people I ordered it from, Im not sure if I should name them or not, They technically haven't done anything wrong that I can tell, But I am wondering if I should cancel my order and find another place.
My issue's are, The Gun shop I am having it shipped to (I went to school with the guy who runs the shop) has tried multiple times to fax over their FFL info and the Seller says their fax machine is working "some" of the time... I went into the Gun shop last Sat.(Dec. 12th) and was told they mailed a copy of the FFL info to get the ball rolling on Dec. 11th, I emailed the seller this last Thurs. Dec. 17th to see if they received the FFL in the mail and the salesman said they still haven't seen anything...
I know this isn't a big ticket item, But it is a sale, One reason I decided to purchase from this company is the Rifle had all the extra military items with it.
I know they are sold all over the place, Maybe I should see if the local Gun shop can locate me a Mosin with all the goodies, They have done their part as far as I can tell and I had no issue with paying the $30 transfer fee.
Am I being impatient or unreasonable?
What says FTF?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-20-2009, 05:58 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8329 Times on 3601 Posts
Likes Given: 1281

No idea of you are encountering deliberate obstruction- or incompetent idiots. End result is about the same. There are a bunch of the re-arsenaled 91/30s out there- including hex receivers (I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours) for low prices- including tool kit, slings, oilers, dog collars, bayonet, ammo pouches- and probably some of the borscht that Ivan was having for lunch in 1940.

A month is way past time to get their fricking act together. You can BUILD a fax machine in that time- and they really do not NEED a copy- they NEED the license number of your FFL- they can verify it on line thru the ATF EZChek system.

Their lack of action would have done damned little to engender confidence in them. Tell them to go pound sand, cancel the order, and either order from someone else, hit an auction on Auctionarms.com, or give your FFL a chance to make a couple of bucks, and get one for you.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:59 AM   #3

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

First who did you buy the rifle from? and Do not be afraid to name names.

Second if it has been a month sense your order for a Mosin Nagant 91/30 and you have not recieved that yet, I would start shopping around for a new supplier.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:31 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies.
Please..No borscht, I hate beets
I ordered the Mosin from AIM Surplus, They haven't charged my CC and the salesman has been prompt on returning emails.
I think I will cancel my order and search locally, I know I saw a Mosin at Big 5 today, But it was on hold and the place was a zoo.
Again thanks for the replies, I will see what I can find locally, I was hoping for a Rifle as a Christmas present, But time will tell.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:58 PM   #5

Liked 666 Times on 457 Posts
Likes Given: 672

I ordered a Hex from these guys:
RGUNS - Bolt Action Rifles
Received a 1926 Tula Ex-dragoon 91/30 that is perfect. I received it 5 days after the order was placed. I have 2 1935 Tula 91/30's that are also perfect that I received from them. Great folks to deal with.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:13 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Please keep us informed. Aim Surplus does a lot of business and I've bought ammo from them. It will be good to know how they handle this.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh
I ordered a Hex from these guys:
RGUNS - Bolt Action Rifles
Received a 1926 Tula Ex-dragoon 91/30 that is perfect. I received it 5 days after the order was placed. I have 2 1935 Tula 91/30's that are also perfect that I received from them. Great folks to deal with.
Thanks for the link, It shows what I would like to be in stock.
Im curious to know what the difference would be between the ex-sniper and the regular hex receiver?

CA357, I will let you know how it turns out.
I emailed my cancellation last night, Im not sure if someone will receive it till Mon.
Thanks again.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #8

I dont think this matters, But I was ordering a few other items along with the rifle from AIM, Which I'm sure I can find elsewhere as well.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

A month is waaaaaaaay too long brother. If the gun wasn't at my FFL with in a week I would've canceled and shopped elsewhere. These rifles are plentiful, my guess is that they didn't have in stock some of the other items you ordered, so they held your whole order. Don't ever hesitate to "name names" we all appreciate feedback, positive or negative. It helps out the rest of us when we're ready to order.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
A month is waaaaaaaay too long brother. If the gun wasn't at my FFL with in a week I would've canceled and shopped elsewhere. These rifles are plentiful, my guess is that they didn't have in stock some of the other items you ordered, so they held your whole order. Don't ever hesitate to "name names" we all appreciate feedback, positive or negative. It helps out the rest of us when we're ready to order.
On their website, It says if they have to back order anything, They will give me the choice to cancel the order, I have not seen anything of the sort in any of the emails.