Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Gun apps (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/gun-apps-76210/)

Gert999 11-12-2012 01:18 PM

Gun apps

Hey guys didn't know where to put the question, but i recently gave in and bought a smart phone. Are there any decent gun related apps out there that are worth downloading?? it's an android system i went to play store mostly gun noises and games when i did a search. So thought I'd ask you guys.

25-5 11-12-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gert999
Hey guys didn't know where to put the question, but i recently gave in and bought a smart phone. Are there any decent gun related apps out there that are worth downloading?? it's an android system i went to play store mostly gun noises and games when i did a search. So thought I'd ask you guys.

Two practical ones:
CCW
Where2Shoot

DrJason 11-12-2012 02:52 PM

I have Right2Bear which lets you look up carry laws and reciprocities of permits

Garadex 11-12-2012 05:01 PM

Firearms Talk Forum!

clearsights 11-12-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garadex
Firearms Talk Forum!

I've heard it's even available for computers..but I wouldn't know.

rocshaman 11-12-2012 10:30 PM

NRA gun guide, but it cost three bucks. They need to add more guns to it. Gun Source is another and it's free, not a bad app at all.

Gert999 11-12-2012 10:59 PM

Thanks guys got forum app if course :)

ZombieTactical 11-13-2012 04:24 PM

Legal heat is an awesome app for CCW and open carry laws. Also I use itemizer for insurance purposes to keep tabs on all my inventory and costs. Just in case of fire or theft.

GrtWhytHype 11-18-2012 03:40 AM

Gun disassembly 2 - awesome app with crap tons of 3d models that you can full detail strip. It's given me countless hours of fun but costs to get more guns.
Gun Log - freaking sweet log for all of your guns, ammo, ballistics logs and more. It actually helped me out in a sticky situation once because I had all of the info stored in it regarding a sale of one of my guns.
Spotter - range finder that is really helpful when sighting in rifles. Uses the camera in your phone and known measurements to calculate range of your target.
Practice deck - pretty cool setup that has drills and practice routines. I use it for IDPA and it has seriously improved my shooting.

On the other hand,
Check out some podcasts. I know you have an android but there are apps to download them. Check out gundudes, the gun runner podcast and the handgun podcast. All good stuff to listen to at work or during downtime in the garage.

Have fun.

CpnT0rch 11-18-2012 04:37 AM

If you're into ballistics at all, you can look into Ballistic. Range log, drop calculator, everything you need. I know it's available on the Apple App Store, but I'm not sure about Android.