Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Great holiday weekend!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts

Default Great holiday weekend!

All I can say this was a great holiday weekend! Picked up a Ruger 10-22 Takedown model at Cabelas on Black Friday. Then decided to go ahead and finish paying off my Del-Ton TRX AR-15 sporting rifle! Can't wait to take these beauties out to the range this week for some much needed trigger time! Sorry if the photos come out crappy uploading and taking from my phone.

image-1635525988.jpg

image-2107181202.jpg

image-496342435.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #2

Liked 1413 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Lookin' good, now go get em dirty!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-26-2012, 01:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake
Lookin' good, now go get em dirty!
Thanks! I plan on getting them real dirty ;-)

Old 11-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #4

Has anyone had really good results with any specific type of 22lr ammo for the 10-22? I was going to just buy Winchester bulk at first and see how it likes it but does anyone have any good results with any other type? I know mini-mags are probably my best bet just curious on any others thanks guys.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #5

Liked 177 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 142

Cci blazer bulk always worked well for me. My stock guns feed it fine and low percent ftf, less than 1%. Seems to run cleaner than sone of the other brands (rem) and cheap per brick.
That said i shoot aquila supervelocity and sniper sub sonic also. Wolf premium match is hard to beat for compitition accuracy but its pricy.
Bought the same rifle myself a month ago and just got done with the butler creek folding stock conversion. Great option as you can get the reciever with full size scope back into the bag this way. Look this mod up on utube, very cool.

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

Last edited by dwmiller; 11-27-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmiller
Cci blazer bulk always worked well for me. My stock guns feed it fine and low percent ftf, less than 1%. Seems to run cleaner than sone of the other brands (rem) and cheap per brick.
That said i shoot aquila supervelocity and sniper sub sonic also. Wolf premium match is hard to beat for compitition accuracy but its pricy.
Bought the same rifle myself a month ago and just got done with the butler creek folding stock conversion. Great option as you can get the reciever with full size scope back into the bag this way. Look this mod up on utube, very cool.
That is a sweet conversion. If I was looking to put a scope on it I would definitely look into doing that myself. That CCI blazer bulk, is it copper plated? Or just a lead bullet?

Old 12-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #7

Liked 177 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 142

Lead bullet, wax coated. Yeah the conversion is great. I was bummed out when i put a full sized scope on and couldn't get it bavk in the bag.
Excuse the lousy pics, phone isn't great.

forumrunner_20121201_103652.jpg   forumrunner_20121201_103744.jpg  

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

Old 12-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5073 Times on 2885 Posts
Likes Given: 4237

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheFree7 View Post
Has anyone had really good results with any specific type of 22lr ammo for the 10-22? I was going to just buy Winchester bulk at first and see how it likes it but does anyone have any good results with any other type? I know mini-mags are probably my best bet just curious on any others thanks guys.
My 10-22 shoots equally well with Winchester, Remington and CCI. 1 1/2 inch for 10 shots at 50 yards. To get 10 shots into less than an inch, I have to use Eley Tenex or RWS R-50.

And at ~ $15 per box of 50, that's not going to happen very often.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmiller
Lead bullet, wax coated. Yeah the conversion is great. I was bummed out when i put a full sized scope on and couldn't get it bavk in the bag.
Excuse the lousy pics, phone isn't great.
Looks good! With the wax coating, does it do a good job preventing lead getting all over your fingers? I usually stay away from non copper plated for that reason and just seems to be dirtier ammo in general.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

My 10-22 shoots equally well with Winchester, Remington and CCI. 1 1/2 inch for 10 shots at 50 yards. To get 10 shots into less than an inch, I have to use Eley Tenex or RWS R-50.

And at ~ $15 per box of 50, that's not going to happen very often.
Thanks! Just picked up some Winchester, headed to the range in the morning.