Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Great holiday weekend! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/great-holiday-weekend-77090/)

FearTheFree7 11-25-2012 11:04 PM

Great holiday weekend!

3 Attachment(s)
All I can say this was a great holiday weekend! Picked up a Ruger 10-22 Takedown model at Cabelas on Black Friday. Then decided to go ahead and finish paying off my Del-Ton TRX AR-15 sporting rifle! Can't wait to take these beauties out to the range this week for some much needed trigger time! Sorry if the photos come out crappy uploading and taking from my phone.

Attachment 71267

Attachment 71268

Attachment 71269

canebrake 11-26-2012 12:17 AM

Lookin' good, now go get em dirty! http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...icons/kewl.jpg

FearTheFree7 11-26-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake
Lookin' good, now go get em dirty!

Thanks! I plan on getting them real dirty ;-)

FearTheFree7 11-26-2012 05:42 PM

Has anyone had really good results with any specific type of 22lr ammo for the 10-22? I was going to just buy Winchester bulk at first and see how it likes it but does anyone have any good results with any other type? I know mini-mags are probably my best bet just curious on any others thanks guys.

dwmiller 11-27-2012 02:49 PM

Cci blazer bulk always worked well for me. My stock guns feed it fine and low percent ftf, less than 1%. Seems to run cleaner than sone of the other brands (rem) and cheap per brick.
That said i shoot aquila supervelocity and sniper sub sonic also. Wolf premium match is hard to beat for compitition accuracy but its pricy.
Bought the same rifle myself a month ago and just got done with the butler creek folding stock conversion. Great option as you can get the reciever with full size scope back into the bag this way. Look this mod up on utube, very cool.

FearTheFree7 11-28-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwmiller
Cci blazer bulk always worked well for me. My stock guns feed it fine and low percent ftf, less than 1%. Seems to run cleaner than sone of the other brands (rem) and cheap per brick.
That said i shoot aquila supervelocity and sniper sub sonic also. Wolf premium match is hard to beat for compitition accuracy but its pricy.
Bought the same rifle myself a month ago and just got done with the butler creek folding stock conversion. Great option as you can get the reciever with full size scope back into the bag this way. Look this mod up on utube, very cool.

That is a sweet conversion. If I was looking to put a scope on it I would definitely look into doing that myself. That CCI blazer bulk, is it copper plated? Or just a lead bullet?

dwmiller 12-01-2012 02:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Lead bullet, wax coated. Yeah the conversion is great. I was bummed out when i put a full sized scope on and couldn't get it bavk in the bag.
Excuse the lousy pics, phone isn't great.

locutus 12-01-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearTheFree7 (Post 1027999)
Has anyone had really good results with any specific type of 22lr ammo for the 10-22? I was going to just buy Winchester bulk at first and see how it likes it but does anyone have any good results with any other type? I know mini-mags are probably my best bet just curious on any others thanks guys.

My 10-22 shoots equally well with Winchester, Remington and CCI. 1 1/2 inch for 10 shots at 50 yards. To get 10 shots into less than an inch, I have to use Eley Tenex or RWS R-50.

And at ~ $15 per box of 50, that's not going to happen very often.:p

FearTheFree7 12-01-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwmiller
Lead bullet, wax coated. Yeah the conversion is great. I was bummed out when i put a full sized scope on and couldn't get it bavk in the bag.
Excuse the lousy pics, phone isn't great.

Looks good! With the wax coating, does it do a good job preventing lead getting all over your fingers? I usually stay away from non copper plated for that reason and just seems to be dirtier ammo in general.

FearTheFree7 12-01-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus

My 10-22 shoots equally well with Winchester, Remington and CCI. 1 1/2 inch for 10 shots at 50 yards. To get 10 shots into less than an inch, I have to use Eley Tenex or RWS R-50.

And at ~ $15 per box of 50, that's not going to happen very often.:p

Thanks! Just picked up some Winchester, headed to the range in the morning.