grandpaw died...guns left behind
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > grandpaw died...guns left behind

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 04:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default grandpaw died...guns left behind

Hello fellow gun lovers....A friend of mines grand father has passed away and she now has guns and has no idea what they are....neither do i...I was hoping you all could help me identify them and possibly help determine their value

this first one from what i can tell is a Remington model 11....not to sure about its value or details though

any thoughts????

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-13-2011, 04:19 AM   #2

next we have a couple of bolt action rifles i assume....have no clue what these are though...no markings on these either....any thoughts on these? value?

thank you gents so much!

Old 04-13-2011, 04:51 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I moved your thread to the General Rifle Discussion forum.

I can tell you that the last rifle is an Enfield military rifle chambered in .303, but that's about all I know about it. Other folks here will be able to tell you much more.

If you can get some closer shots of any markings and some closer shots of the actions, it would be helpful for identification purposes..

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-13-2011, 05:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I moved your thread to the General Rifle Discussion forum.

I can tell you that the last rifle is an Enfield military rifle chambered in .303, but that's about all I know about it. Other folks here will be able to tell you much more.

If you can get some closer shots of any markings and some closer shots of the actions, it would be helpful for identification purposes..
for some reason the quick reply wont work...i have to quote some one to reply....

there were no markings on any of them other that the model 11

thats what confuses me....hopefully some one can recognize these and help me out here...my friend wants to get them appraised and pass them down to her children one day

Old 04-13-2011, 05:11 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Use the "Post Reply" on the bottom left of the last post and you'll be good to go.

The second rifle has a cut down look to it. It looks like it was a military stock that was modified to make a hunting rifle type stock. I don't have any idea about the muzzle brake.

We're really are going to need better pics to give you good info.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-13-2011, 05:27 AM   #6

hmmm ok....i need to tell my lady friend what exactly to take pics of...so what should i tell her specifically?

thanks for the help as well

Old 04-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #7

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questions View Post
hmmm ok....i need to tell my lady friend what exactly to take pics of...so what should i tell her specifically?

thanks for the help as well
The first one is a Remington Model 11. It was manufactured under license from Browning in the US and with some very small changes it is a twin of the Browning A5 autoloader shotgun. Great gun but apparently grandpa was not a big stickler for cleaning or oiling.

The second gun is NOT a rifle. It is a Mossberg bolt action shotgun. A fairly inexpensive shotgun in it's day and never their most popular model. They don't have much collector value but they are decent shooters.

The third gun is a British WWII rifle, an Enfield #4.

That should get your started on your search for info. Values for all of them is in the $2-300 range each, maybe a little less because they are not in very good shape.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9215 Times on 3975 Posts
Likes Given: 1441

Wambli is dead on target. The Mossberg shotgun will be marked on the barrel- you MAY have an 85K or its cousin. Values on those are $60-$100 range, depending on condition, .410's a tad higher. The No4 Mk1 Enfield rifle may have marking on the metal band at the wrist. These were military rifles, made for the government, so do not have a brand name. Value may run $100-$250, depending on condition, how the bore looks, headspace, etc. Normally in caliber .303 British.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #9

Liked 717 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 48

So shoot me a price and find a way to ship them to Iowa if they are still in working order.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:12 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambli View Post
The first one is a Remington Model 11. It was manufactured under license from Browning in the US and with some very small changes it is a twin of the Browning A5 autoloader shotgun. Great gun but apparently grandpa was not a big stickler for cleaning or oiling.

The second gun is NOT a rifle. It is a Mossberg bolt action shotgun. A fairly inexpensive shotgun in it's day and never their most popular model. They don't have much collector value but they are decent shooters.

The third gun is a British WWII rifle, an Enfield #4.

That should get your started on your search for info. Values for all of them is in the $2-300 range each, maybe a little less because they are not in very good shape.
wow thanks my man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
So shoot me a price and find a way to ship them to Iowa if they are still in working order.
let me talk to my lady friend and see if she is interested in selling them and maybe i can list them later...