Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Got a Mauser, want to hunt with it, any suggestions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I just fitted the cleaning rod to a low speed drill and poured some hoppes bore cleaner down the barrel. The normal way reminded me of cleaning a chimney. I could scrub and scrub and there were still little black specs in the bore. After I rigged it to the drill it was nice and shiny.

As for the bruises, the rifle was almost as tall as I was. It was my first bolt action rifle. Louder and harder-kicking than my .357 magnum. Loved it to death. Some guy down the road from me thought it was special and bought it from me for $100 over what I paid for it. Now I wish I had not sold it, because it's hard to find them unissued now.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:13 AM   #12

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 44

I may be interested in paying for part of your new stock. PM me with pics of stock that is on it. I'm looking for a decent spanish stock.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:14 AM   #13

People weak highly of Timmy triggers, I do not have one for my mauser though. You can also look at Boyd's custom sticks for good sporter mauser options. Also I have mojo peep sights on my Mauser and on another I have a b square long eye relief scope mount that requires no gun smithing ether of the are good sighting options depending on what style you refer. Hoe ths helps.