Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Is this a good trade?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts

Default Is this a good trade?

Okay, so I have a GSG522 Carbine, its in very good condition. Couple scratches on the faux silencer, and lost the pin for the stock. I just came in contact with a person who owns a Auto Ordinance M1 Carbine, it comes with a couple magazines, a red dot sight, and an extra rail. He's interested in a trade with my GSG, and an additional $50. Good trade?

(I'll get a couple pictures to see if there is any big signs of wear on it)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-31-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1798 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Providing the Auto Ordinance M-1 Carbine functions reliably in my opinion it is a good trade. If you were to buy both new the M-1 Carbine would cost around $200 more than the GSG22. Just one thing to also consider the +$200 is without the red dot optic and extra mount you mentioned. The only issue is I would want to be sure or get a verbal guarantee from him the M-1 Carbine runs correctly. But without any unforeseen issues, I think it would be a good trade. Sometimes it is just cool to get a new piece that you have never owned! Ammunition is not so much an issue any more because 22 LR Ammunition is as hard to get and as costly as some surplus 30 cal. carbine ammunition! Also it would be a good little home defense or truck rifle!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 03-31-2013, 05:39 PM   #3

Here's a picture of it.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130331_113741.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  26.9 KB

I think I'll take it, and yes it will be hard to find ammo for both of the calibers, but hey! M1 Carbine is one of my favorite guns in history. Can't wait to get mu hands on it!

Old 03-31-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1798 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Crane,

Looks like a good deal to me!
When will you be picking it up?
Have fun and get us a Range Report when you get it on the Range!
You should be able to find some surplus ammunition at any decent sized Gun Show in your area. And may be able to find some good defense loads on the shelf at a major sporting goods dealer? I do not know if there has been a run on 30 Cal Carbine ammo but there sure has been on 22 LR, 223/5.56, 308 and other calibers!
Great Picture!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 03-31-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:55 PM   #5

I live about 2 hours away from this person, so it may be a while. More than likely when I go to that town to get a tuxedo for prom at the end of next month; he said he wouldn't mind waiting.
If my family had money now I would make a run down to do the trade now, but seeing the problem of money is with us right now I'm gonna have to wait. I'm glad the guy is waiting to trade! And there is also a big gun show at the end.of next month before prom, so I MIGHT try to hit that for some ammo for both the M1 and my BHP.