Good price for .308?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Good price for .308?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 10 Times on 4 Posts

Default Good price for .308?

I have a chance to get a Ruger M77 Mark II in .308. Excellent condition, been fired under 40 times. Comes with a Leupold VX II 3-9 scope, slip on scope cover, sling, nice case and box of Remington ammo. Absolutely flawless gun, know the owner. He's asking $600 for it. Seems like a good price. What do you all think?

Join Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join Today! - Click Here

Old 06-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
Supporting Member
Liked 3913 Times on 1890 Posts
Likes Given: 1970

Not an all out steal but a good fair price for all of the items listed. I think it is well worth the money! Go for it! If you figured you were buying the rifle out right a little under retail you will be getting the Leupold, covers, sling, case and ammo for free!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy
Old 07-03-2013, 04:09 AM   #3
Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

See if you can shoot it before buying. I'm always curious when someone wants to sell or trade in a firearm that they've shot very little. Why is the operative question.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
See if you can shoot it before buying. I'm always curious when someone wants to sell or trade in a firearm that they've shot very little. Why is the operative question.
I've sold or traded in many over the years, most because after shooting a hundred rounds or so I decided I didn't really like it, or something else came along that I wanted more, and needed to trade in to be able to afford the other.
I have traded in a couple rifles because they either did not function properly....(all semi-autos).....or their accuracy totally sucked, but otherwise functioned perfectly.

I'm looking to trade in 2 rifles to score one that I want, one is a CZ .22Lr that I haven't had out in close to 3 years, not a darn thing wrong with it, I just don't enjoy shooting it anymore. The other a Mini-14 is about 6 months old, I got because I read several reports that the newer ones with the heavier barrels were far more accurate than the old ones, in my assumption they're still not all that accurate....(even with an Accu-Strut installed) I no longer want it.

Trade in's or low mileage guns don't always indicate something is wrong with the firearm, could be the guy just needs the money, or he's just not all that happy with it. However I would pick up a few dummy rounds and at least cycle a few through the action first just to make sure.....
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor / Range Safety Officer
Old 07-04-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
Liked 84 Times on 67 Posts

I saw a really nice remington 700 in a tacs camo for 700$ ! In 308 i would buy it if i had the money but i already bought 2 guns this year so ill have to wait till next year
Old 07-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #6
Liked 1148 Times on 594 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I passed up one in 30-06 for $450.00 about five months ago. Been kicking myself ever since. I think the price is a little high.