Good M-14,M1A recoil buffers on ebay...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Good M-14,M1A recoil buffers on ebay...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 11:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

Default Good M-14,M1A recoil buffers on ebay...

i found a killer deal on m14,m1a recoil buffers last week on ebay...
i took a chance and bought one of these buffers and when it arrived today,i threw it into my polytech and blasted away with about 500+rds and the buffer still looked new...it says the buffers are made out of viton usa material and what ever that is it works....the buffer only cost 15.00bucks with free shipping!...i've tried advanced technologies products and they dont seem to hold up...maybe i just got a bad ones?...who ever this is selling them i hope they make some for other types of firearms...figured i'd let some of yall know....keep safe!

Last edited by m72law; 04-14-2009 at 01:01 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-14-2009, 03:20 AM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Thanks for the heads up. I've been using the Buffer Technologies buffer, in conjunction with the Tubbs/Superior Shooting Systems chrome silicon springs. And this combo leaves my empty brass about 18" away in a nice little pile, with every rifle.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:27 PM   #3

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by m72law View Post
i found a killer deal on m14,m1a recoil buffers last week on ebay...
i took a chance and bought one of these buffers and when it arrived today,i threw it into my polytech and blasted away with about 500+rds and the buffer still looked new...it says the buffers are made out of viton usa material and what ever that is it works....the buffer only cost 15.00bucks with free shipping!...i've tried advanced technologies products and they dont seem to hold up...maybe i just got a bad ones?...who ever this is selling them i hope they make some for other types of firearms...figured i'd let some of yall know....keep safe!

I had similar results (not so good) using Advanced Tech buffers through my M14 types, and quit using them altogether, but it appears that all buffers are not built alike. I may give them a try.

M14sRock...... Where did you purchase your springs from? How do they hold up compared to GI springs?

Grunt

Old 04-15-2009, 03:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragout View Post
I had similar results (not so good) using Advanced Tech buffers through my M14 types, and quit using them altogether, but it appears that all buffers are not built alike. I may give them a try.

M14sRock...... Where did you purchase your springs from? How do they hold up compared to GI springs?
A USGI recoil spring is rated for 5,000 cycles. The Superior Shooting Syst chrome sil springs are rated for 500,000 cycles.

All of my rifles now wear chrome silicon springs.

My LRB M25 has about 1,000 rds through it since adding the shok buff. No signs of wear or damage to the buffer at all.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:15 AM   #5

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
A USGI recoil spring is rated for 5,000 cycles. The Superior Shooting Syst chrome sil springs are rated for 500,000 cycles.

All of my rifles now wear chrome silicon springs.

My LRB M25 has about 1,000 rds through it since adding the shok buff. No signs of wear or damage to the buffer at all.
Thanks for the info on the buffers and springs guys.

Grunt

Old 04-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #6

wolf springs any good?...im thinking of buying a few to put back in case of hard times..or what ever? heck for just 13.99 a pop...cant go to wrong,& i ve heard pretty good things about wolf products...

Old 05-20-2009, 05:36 AM   #7

Late response. Oops. Wolf springs are excellent, but the Tubbs will last longer.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #8

i just bought 2 new original USGI m14 recoil springs from numrich for less than 7 bucks a pop!....sound like a good deal to me..how does the original springs hold up?...is it just me or does it seems like numrich website gets iffy trying to find things on theyre website?....

Old 05-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by m72law View Post
i just bought 2 new original USGI m14 recoil springs from numrich for less than 7 bucks a pop!....sound like a good deal to me..how does the original springs hold up?...is it just me or does it seems like numrich website gets iffy trying to find things on theyre website?....
Probably excellent springs. Were they new, or used? If used, you won't know how many rds went through them.

The Numrich site will test anyone's patience.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:17 AM   #10

it said in the description they where unissued new usgi m14 op.rod spring...no picture...i took a chance?...

they came in a clear ziplock like baggie....kinda wondering myself if they are original because there is no traces of grease or oils on the springs...

i thought most any type of original parts would be coated with something?

i havent had time to try one out...but i must say it feels alot better (more tension) then the one in my polytech...