Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Gewehr 43

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 11:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Gewehr 43

anyone have one of these or can tell me anything about them? they sure are sexy.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-27-2010, 03:46 AM   #2

Liked 73 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I had the pleasure of handling 1 or 2 of them at christmas, this past year. My Pa's buddy has a big ole collection of WWII equipment, and he has 2 Gewehrs. One from earlier in the war and one from later.

It was actually pretty cool to see them side by side! The early one was far more well built, you could tell more time and effort was put into it when things were going well for Germany. Different materials and workmanship.

what I remembered most was that the charging handle was on the left side of the gun, and it ejects shells left if I'm not mistaken, due to the scope mount being on the right side of the gun.

Not bad for us leftys!

Anyway, I didn't get to shoot either, but they were gorgeous in person. Felt great. Pretty cool rifle!

Cooler yet was the SVT 40 that he had. Apparently that isnt a rifle that you see too often!

Andrew - Landscape architecture student. Not landscaper

Old 06-05-2010, 02:13 AM   #3

Cool to look at, but expensive to buy. Not very reliable and the parts for them are very expensive.