German G43

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > German G43

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 02:27 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Default German G43

How rare is the German G43 rifle from WWII? I thought it would be cool to get one but I heard they are not very common.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-09-2008, 02:40 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
How rare is the German G43 rifle from WWII? I thought it would be cool to get one but I heard they are not very common.
Pretty rare. All the collectors drool over them when one enters a gun show. If I remember, a couple/few grand will get you one?!? can't say it will look great, though.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #3

Default g43/k43

a lot went to other countrys after ww2.I had one from south america and a new one from bring back.they did not mak a great deal and russia probable got most.mine shot great.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:50 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

They're not rare, but are very desirable. There aren't any cheap ones to be had.

Follow us on Facebook! facebook.com/worldbayonets

The bayonet cannot be abolished for the reason, if for no other, that it is the sole and exclusive embodiment of that willpower which, alone, both in war and everyday life, attains its object.—General M. I. Dragomirov

Old 09-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #5

Default German G43!!!

Begin disassembly by cocking the rifle and making sure that it is unloaded. Set the safety to the safe position. Push the locking stud in and lift the receiver cover up. Remove the receiver cover by pulling it backwards. Remove the recoil spring. Pull the bot carrier and bolt back. Lift the bolt carrier up, it hooks into the bolt at the front. Front view of bolt and carrier. Remove the bolt. Remove the firing pin out of the back of the bolt. Take out the bolt locking lugs. Press down hard on the retaining spring and slide the barrel band forward. Remove the top cover/wood, Pull the main gas rod back and remove the connector bar. Let the main rod go forward and remove. Remove the gas piston. On this rifle the second part of the gas piston is screwed in too tight to remove, normally this would be re removed as well. Unscrew the screws holding the trigger guard in place. Remove the trigger guard, the magazine release presses against this so you'll need to hold it forward. This is Completely disassembled rifle.
---------------------
Shakira Janet

Guaranteed ROI

Old 05-25-2009, 08:02 AM   #6

any pic?

Old 05-31-2009, 08:59 AM   #7

Hello,

I think this side is helpful when you want to disassemble a G43:

G 43 Disassembly

Your´s

Bernhard

Old 06-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #8

Likes Given: 2

They were fairly low production (Germany produced 402,713 from 1943 to 1945). They are a piece of history but examples in decent shape are kind of tough to come by anymore. They are very over-priced for what they are, I'd rather have a few more KAR98k's than one Gewehr 43. Now with that said, if i had plenty of cash I wouldn't mind having a few G43's.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST