Fun with 7MM-08 last Sunday

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Fun with 7MM-08 last Sunday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Fun with 7MM-08 last Sunday

Took my Ruger Hawkeye out last Sunday, for a little practice out of a 16' tripod stand. Great weather mid seventies, little breezy with a NW wind. Food plot sits at 180 yards north of the elevated stand. Set up three bowling pins at various locations in food plot (wheat in grass stage). Have an idea for a better rest in this style of stand! Held dead on the pins to the west edge of each pin. Dropped the first two. Had a discharge I was not ready for on the third one. Dirt cloud just missing the pin on the west side. Nailed it on the next shot. Had one more round in my pocket, smacked the center pin that was on its side. Was shooting the 140 grain factory Fusion ammo, and will be in deer season. The lack of recoil, just floors me each time I take this rifle out - what a easy to handle round. I just had a tee shirt between me and the stock, about like shooting a .22 mag.. I have been very impressed with the new Hawkeye and this caliber. If you have not shot a Ruger since they came out with the Hawkeye, you need to give one a try. They deer and yotes are in trouble this winter !!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-03-2009, 05:16 AM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Good shooting. One of the best calibers available for medium game. Pics?

Old 11-04-2009, 01:54 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If I have time this weekend will try to post some pics. Thanks R-BOLT