Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Fugate Firearms scammed me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Just wanted to get this out in hopes of saving someone else the turmoil I have endured. I purchased a rifle from Matt Fugate of Fugate Firearms in Gilbertsville, Ky off of gunbroker and got scammed big time. The rifle was advertised as 100% NIB, I called Matt, he stated that if I didn't like the gun I had a 3 day inspection/return no hassle money back guarantee. Well the gun showed up and was clearly used, showed lots of wear,buggered up screws, etc. I sent the gun back but now he refuses to refund my money stating that I damaged the gun. Now he has the gun and my money. I will have to involve a lawyer, not really sure what to do. I cannot believe the level of deception I have been subjected to. These guys are dishonest and deceptive to say the least. Hope this keeps someone from making the mistake I did. Adam

Just wanted to get this out in hopes of saving someone else the turmoil I have endured. I purchased a rifle from Matt Fugate of Fugate Firearms in Gilbertsville, Ky off of gunbroker and got scammed big time. The rifle was advertised as 100% NIB, I called Matt, he stated that if I didn't like the gun I had a 3 day inspection/return no hassle money back guarantee. Well the gun showed up and was clearly used, showed lots of wear,buggered up screws, etc. I sent the gun back but now he refuses to refund my money stating that I damaged the gun. Now he has the gun and my money. I will have to involve a lawyer, not really sure what to do. I cannot believe the level of deception I have been subjected to. These guys are dishonest and deceptive to say the least. Hope this keeps someone from making the mistake I did. Adam

Last edited by Dillinger; 02-07-2010 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Duplicate Posts and Answers

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 461 Times on 253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Great 2 post and both complaining about a purchase made from Gunbroker if you had asked questions earlier you would have been warned of the dangers of using Gunbroker. Go on over to the introduction section and introduce yourself.
Ditto from your other post.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #3

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Should have come her first. Oh well live and learn.

did you contact the postal service? If it was a transaction threw the mail at any point it can be mail fraud.

Did you get a real phone number? did you get a real name? a place of business. If so call the local PD or sheriff and ask them to look into it.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #4

Liked 665 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 670

Also, if you paid by Postal money order, that also makes it Postal fraud.
You can also contact your State Attorney General as it may fall under an interstate commerce or other State regulation. Did you copy the original add? Take pics of the rifle as received?

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #5

Liked 665 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 670

1st thing that came up when I googled them.
Don't confuse the 2 Fugate Firearms - Fugate Firearms Calhoun, 37309

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Ditto from your other post.
Interesting tag line at the bottom of your posts from my uncle Ed Parker. Do you, or did you ever study Kenpo?

Mike McIntyre
VP Operations
MPI Rifles, LLC
www.mpirifles.com