Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Fugate Firearms scammed me (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/fugate-firearms-scammed-me-23134/)

wyo1 02-07-2010 06:13 PM

Just wanted to get this out in hopes of saving someone else the turmoil I have endured. I purchased a rifle from Matt Fugate of Fugate Firearms in Gilbertsville, Ky off of gunbroker and got scammed big time. The rifle was advertised as 100% NIB, I called Matt, he stated that if I didn't like the gun I had a 3 day inspection/return no hassle money back guarantee. Well the gun showed up and was clearly used, showed lots of wear,buggered up screws, etc. I sent the gun back but now he refuses to refund my money stating that I damaged the gun. Now he has the gun and my money. I will have to involve a lawyer, not really sure what to do. I cannot believe the level of deception I have been subjected to. These guys are dishonest and deceptive to say the least. Hope this keeps someone from making the mistake I did. Adam

Just wanted to get this out in hopes of saving someone else the turmoil I have endured. I purchased a rifle from Matt Fugate of Fugate Firearms in Gilbertsville, Ky off of gunbroker and got scammed big time. The rifle was advertised as 100% NIB, I called Matt, he stated that if I didn't like the gun I had a 3 day inspection/return no hassle money back guarantee. Well the gun showed up and was clearly used, showed lots of wear,buggered up screws, etc. I sent the gun back but now he refuses to refund my money stating that I damaged the gun. Now he has the gun and my money. I will have to involve a lawyer, not really sure what to do. I cannot believe the level of deception I have been subjected to. These guys are dishonest and deceptive to say the least. Hope this keeps someone from making the mistake I did. Adam

Shihan 02-07-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shihan (Post 226147)
Great 2 post and both complaining about a purchase made from Gunbroker if you had asked questions earlier you would have been warned of the dangers of using Gunbroker. Go on over to the introduction section and introduce yourself.

Ditto from your other post.

cpttango30 02-07-2010 07:24 PM

Should have come her first. Oh well live and learn.

did you contact the postal service? If it was a transaction threw the mail at any point it can be mail fraud.

Did you get a real phone number? did you get a real name? a place of business. If so call the local PD or sheriff and ask them to look into it.

jpattersonnh 02-07-2010 07:38 PM

Also, if you paid by Postal money order, that also makes it Postal fraud.
You can also contact your State Attorney General as it may fall under an interstate commerce or other State regulation. Did you copy the original add? Take pics of the rifle as received?

jpattersonnh 02-07-2010 07:52 PM

1st thing that came up when I googled them.
Don't confuse the 2 Fugate Firearms - Fugate Firearms Calhoun, 37309

Bolosniper 02-08-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shihan (Post 226149)
Ditto from your other post.

Interesting tag line at the bottom of your posts from my uncle Ed Parker. Do you, or did you ever study Kenpo?