Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   General Rifle Discussion (
-   -   FS2000 vs MSAR STG vs tavor (

DruidKing 03-29-2013 08:49 AM

FS2000 vs MSAR STG vs tavor
So I'm looking to get a rifle. It needs to be lefty friendly. Do any of you have any thoughts on any of those weapons? Is there another weapon you would suggest? I have a thing for bullpup's right now, however I certainly would consider any rifle that is left handed friendly. And if the rifle is completely ambidextrous that is a bonus (then my girlfriend can shoot it too).

ShagNasty1001 03-29-2013 08:50 AM

I'm looking at getting a Tavor when they become available. The FN just isn't comfortable to me and I haven't held the MSAR

Garadex 03-30-2013 06:10 AM

I think the FS2000 ejects either forward or downward (maybe at a forward/downward angle) So that would be my choice.

hq357 03-31-2013 10:41 PM

Those are expensive ass guns

1911love 03-31-2013 11:54 PM

I also want a TAR-21. I don't like the way the FS2000 handles personally. I recently bought a MSAR Stg-556.

I've posted under the Auto/Semi-Auto section of Long Guns here. I also posted under the Optics section of Gear and Accessories concerning the Trijicon TA33G-H, which is what I want to run on mine. I have a review under Technical Articles/Write Ups section as well.

I really like how the Stg-556 handles, although I might be a little biased bc I fell in love with a real F/A AUG as a young man.

I've heard the early generations of the MSAR had lots of probs, but they were corrected in later gens. Mine is a gen 4. The later gens will also accept AUG mags as well as the MSAR mags.

I've yet to shoot mine bc of ammo shortages and I currently have no sights or optic to aim the thing. I have a flat top and the rail was too high. I replaced it and all is good, just no optic or BUIS yet.

Be warned, there isn't a lot of info floating around about bull pups and parts are hard to find. As I build my new rifle I plan on making a point of writing as many articles and info about it as I can.

Some places to start: Ratworx USA and Promoted Pawn. Good luck, and please keep us up to date about your purchase and findings.

1911love 03-31-2013 11:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry, forgot some pics. That is a 30 round MSAR mag inserted. I recently picked up 6 AUG 42 round mags. I'll try and take some pics of them soon.