Front Rest. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Front Rest.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 03:00 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 86 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 31

I'm still waitin on my Ponch pic. Can't be any worse than jpattersonnh's avatar.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:03 AM   #22

Liked 357 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 292

No, I know you aren't arguing. Done.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:09 AM   #23

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Arms are broken???
My wife just looked at this pic and said you could pic one of those up at the Gyno's office.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #24

Liked 60 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I have a friend that has a tool shop who makes a rest that far surpasses any thing I've ever seen. No tube, all solid bar stock. Very precision, ultra fine windage and elevation adjustments, as solid as a rock in every way.If anything will return to battery this will. He will build you one for about what you want to pay. There are less than 5 in existance but if I could afford one I would own one. Contact Rob Gornal at DieHard tool. Phone 814-451-0964. He also invented the Redi shooter. If you get one you won't regret it.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Last edited by dteed4094; 01-02-2011 at 09:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 01-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #25

Quote:
To me, "bench rest" is more a game of equipment than marksmanship.
You'll never know how wrong this is until you shoot a BR match. At any match, all of the guns there are capable of shooting perfect scores. The rests are right, the gun is right, and the load is right. The difference is the conditions. The breeze blows, the mirage is a bear, the wind shifts, every one of these things affects the POI. The group I shoot with shoots score, one bullet per bull sans the sighter. One shooter shoots great on a bad mirage day. Another shoots better is rotten winds, some do better on rainy, low-vis days.

My late father-in-law, who was a part of BR shooting for 40+ years, said many, many times, "If this game could be won with money, I would not stand a chance." He was a National Champion twice.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #26

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
A front rest??
Cabela's: Cabela's Un-Filled Shooting Bags
I filled it w/ old corn media. Recycle!!

I normally just use my range bag. Take it coyote hunting, pack up calls, ammo, mat, water. Unload and set up it works fine. I also use bi-pods, but when on a berm... lower position, the bag works great.

Rookies!!!

Edit, A few guys I know use the legs from old jeans/ canvas pants sewn up and filled w/ corn media. Can't get much cheaper!!! Why always think high tech/ more $$$$, it does not really work better!!
Do not use a range bag. A friend used my range bag as a front rest while sighting in a new sight on his AR. He had the rifle back a little bit and didn't see that the zipper was up, in front of the muzzle. Now, my nice Dillon range bag will not close because a bullet went throught the zipper.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 01-03-2011, 12:03 AM   #27

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Got a hit on a Wichita rest. Not sure if I am going to buy it or not.

Been looking at the Randsom rifle rest as well.....

Old 01-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Front rests

The R.W. Hart rest is similar to the Sinclair. I think the Sinclair looks a little nicer though.

The Randolph Machine rest is reported to be really nice...a little over $550 but should be worth it
Front Rest

The JJ (JJ Loh) Industries rest is a really nice one as well. Over $550, look for a used one.

Farley ($$$) and SEB ($$) both make nice Co-Axial rests. SEB has a new model now.
SEB NEO Co-Axial Front Rest within AccurateShooter.com
::: SEB ( Coaxial Front ) REST :::
intro

Spend the money, get a good quality rest, you won't miss the money once you've shot off one.

Only handy photo's I have of one of mine...(about 3x what you're lookin' to spend though)

-Rick

Unbiased Barnard, BAT, Kelbly, Nesika Bay x2, Remington x3, Browning, Marsh, Ruger x2, Savage x3, UltraLight Arms, AR15 x3 owner. I like 'em all.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #29

The SEB is made in the Phillipines and You pay $500 for the rest and $180 for shipping.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #30

Just placed an order for a cowan rest. The guy has his machine students make them as part of their college course. The price $250 and everyone I know that has one loves them. I would much rather support AMERICANS learning a trade over some crack addict Phillipine kid.

I should get it some time in November