The Freedom Group Family of Companies
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > The Freedom Group Family of Companies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 53 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default The Freedom Group Family of Companies

I was curious what opinions people had about this company. From what I understand, Freedom Group has purchased many companies; Remington®, Bushmaster® Firearms, DPMS/Panther Arms™, Marlin®, H&R®, The Parker Gun™, Mountain Khakis®, Advanced Armament Corp. ®, Dakota Arms®, Para™ USA and Barnes® Bullets. It seems to me like the large group is a very good source of jobs in the firearms market, but for some reason I have this feeling that this is a big bad company that is just bringing down the quality of what used to be well respected companies. Should I take precautions if I am interested in buying a product that this company owns? Or is this a good thing in the firearms community, and I should be supporting this huge partnership of companies? Thanks in advance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #2

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

There are several threads on this. Most people agree quality is going downhill. Bushmaster was bought by Remington and they closed bushmasters Windham plant and laid off a lot of people. Now Richard dyke bought the Windham plant and opened Windham weaponry. (Formerly bushmaster). Personally since most of the companies in this list were iffy on quality to begin with I have no problem boycotting them. Except for Remington I've never purchased anything from these companies. I own an R1 Remington 1911 and well see if it works or not. I'm slightly worried.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #3

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Dakota is owned by freedom now? Damn it. A Dakota rifle is practically my holy grail of rifles (I don't tell just anybody).

Old 11-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #4

Liked 279 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 31

mcarter788 it took you this long to fugure that out, hehe. Nothing good can from it.
Guess you have one of the more acurate remmys made by your handle

Old 11-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5984 Times on 3131 Posts
Likes Given: 426

The ones that got bought werent bought because they were doing good and or producing great products to begin with.

Freedom group just retrained marlin workers and im betting that higher quality products will and are currently being produced. My marlin 45-70 is very recent production and is very good and very accurate

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 280 Times on 216 Posts
Likes Given: 125

I'm not sure if Jon was in on earlier thread but a member gave a good account of how hard it is to retool a facility & train a workforce. Quality control is difficult even for well established firms.

It is hard for some of us who remember Marlins better days to see what is being put on the shelves today. Although, I'm glad Jon got a good one.

The positive side: CAD-CAM manufacturing will produce higher tolerance products but wherever human beings are involved, accidents/errors will happen.

The negative side: even a broke clock is right twice a day.

It's your hard earned money - take a look yourself & I wish you the best of luck.