Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Freedom Group Fail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
Ok for ducks. But I can tell you this, if you cross a papered English Setter with a Plot Hound you no longer have a Bird Dog. So much for the animal things. It is a copy of the one and only Pre-64 Winchester. Browning who has never produced rifles. They are based on patent rights and their rifles have always been as now produced by off shore firms. Most of the Pre-Japan offerings were by FN Belgium. The new Winchester/Browning lever guns are poorly made in Japan. These American FN rifles are close reproductions of the one and only Mdl. 70.
Amen to that, brother.

But what really flames my *ss is somebody in a retail store unpacked a

rifle which obviously looks like a pile of dog-poop, and just set it out on

display without a second thought. The clerks at retail stores are about

the most brainless individuals who can still manage to get their

bodies to force air into their lungs.

Generally, and I'm sure someone is going to immediately rattle off

an exception, a LGS is more hesitant about putting such piss-poor

garbage on display.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #22

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt

You could pretty much say the same thing about Weatherby, who has never produced their own rifles either. The Mark V DeLuxe has been produced in Germany, Japan, and in this country. The Vanguard is a rebadged Howa. Yet, all are some of the finest bolt action rifles ever produced. I have 2 Browning Citori's and a Browning BT-99. All were produced in Japan. Both of my Browning Hi-Powers were made in Belgium and assembled in Portugal.

The fact is none of it matters, because the manufacturing that was performed on the weapons was some of the best obtainable in the firearms industry at the time they were produced. With labor unions, along with the associated high labor costs in this country, such quality could not be produced for an affordable price. It is what took the original Browning Auto V off the market. It has been replaced by a cheaper to produce, Aluminum receivered model that Browning advertises as, "This is not your grandfathers Auto V". You can see that the moment you pick one up. In spite of that, it sells for almost double what the all steel Auto V sold for in it's last year of production. Thank high labor costs for the "improvement" in yet another American classic weapon that has fallen victim to high production costs. It is the reason that today a Marlin 39-A will cost you over $600.00 out the door, and why so few are being produced.
You said it man. Bingo.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
It's Walmart, what do you expect?
Fat chicks in stretch pants munching down on cheapo cheetos in the checkout line.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:39 AM   #24

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Weatherby rifles the last I knew were made in the state of Maine U.S.A. I do not buy guns made in Japan. Japan and Canada dump tons of money direct into world gun control projects. Japan aims there dollars direct to gun control in the U.S. Browning/Winchester Japan will not get a dime from me. If you choose to finance these off shore companies its your right.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:20 AM   #25

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Is that why my new Winchester came with all the info, paperwork and pamphlets about joining NRA?

Old 04-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #26

Liked 69 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Freedom Group is just an INVESTMENT Corp. that bought Marlin out, like so many other gun manufacturers and (gave) Marlin to Remington, to now build their lever actions. Problem with this is, Remington never built lever actions before. Remington never even hired-on any Marlin Employee's to go to Ilion, NY to help set-up, operate, fix, engineer, or problem solve any issues that may come up with lever action builds. PERIOD. Remington said F*** YOU to Marlin and what you see in stores---WalMart and LGS, what was once a great shooting, beautiful blued steel, and well fitted wood stock gun, are now pieces of CRAP, because Remington didn't want to take the time to do the job correctly. It's not WalMart's or any other cost-cutting store selling a cheaper made product. What you get from Marlin, Remington, Savage, Mossberg and others is a gun that's made by these Companies, but at a cost that WalMart or the cost cutting store wants. It's the same guns as if you went to that gun's manufacturer and bought. I own a Montgomery Wards, Western Field 30-30, made in 1965. It doesn't have a front sight hood, no white bullseye in butt stock, no pistol grip toe cap, has a red recoil pad, and has forearm end cap. It's as beautiful today as when it was made in 1965. IT's A MARLIN 336 THROUGH and THROUGH. All components will interchange, and has the nicest pistol grip walnut stock, but was made for Montgomery Wards---to THEIR specifications and selling point by Marlin. IT'S REMINGTON'S FAULT, that you're getting, what was once a quality made gun, but now has issues that Remington wants to pawn off to unsuspecting folks as if Marlin still made these rifles. I will also say that I do own a new Marlin 917VRX 17HMR, that's made in Kentucky, and it's a great shooting, and well fitted, put together bolt action rifle, but remember it's bolt action that Remington knows how to build, and not a lever action that Remington has never built, since it came into being over 100yrs ago. Sears from long ago, has what was called a Ted Williams 30-30 that was a Winchester 94. There are other Store Branded guns out there, but that doesn't make them inferior shooting guns. Freedom Group doesn't build guns, it's only an Investment Company. So if you want to blame somebody for putting out an inferior made rifle, blame Remington in this matter about Marlin. Not WalMart or any other Mom-n-Pop store gun seller.
Del

Old 04-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #27
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Some of you guys seem to know a lot about freedom group. Can any of you find any connection to George soros? Even a loose connection?

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #28

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
Japan aims there dollars direct to gun control in the U.S. Browning/Winchester Japan will not get a dime from me. If you choose to finance these off shore companies its your right.
I would like to see a link certifying that. That country has a big enough mess of their own to clean up. They've been in a recession for the last decade, and the earthquake / tsunami has cost them tens of billions of dollars. About the last thing Japan is concerned with now is gun control in our country.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #29

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Mdl 70 you seem to stay in a state of flux. What the Hell does an NRA ad in your Winchester Reproduction rifle box have to do with this? Anyone can include safety information with their firearms. It is CYA in todays America. The NRA is a Safety Trng. Org. This always looks good in court when you being sued. I hope this forum can educate you in firearms use and history.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #30

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Some of you guys seem to know a lot about freedom group. Can any of you find any connection to George soros? Even a loose connection?
None what so ever. Cerberus Capitol Management, (Freedom Group) is not financed in any way by George Soros. Soros hates guns. Based on that alone why would he invest in a gun manufacturing holding company? If massive gun control was passed, anyone owning stock in Freedom Group would suffer losses. Soros wants sweeping gun control. Soros may be a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. He's not going to finance political action groups that eat, sleep, and breath gun control, then turn around and invest his own money in firearms manufacturing. That would be like PETA investing in KFC.