Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Fourth gun!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/fourth-gun-72386/)

kaido 09-14-2012 01:41 AM

Fourth gun!!
 
1 Attachment(s)
Woo!! So excited. I've wanted one of these rifles for a little more then a year now and I've finally got one.

I originally went to grab a cell since mine was starting to crap out and figured while I was out I might as well stop at the gun shop. Soon as I walked in and looked at the rack I knew I wasn't about to leave the store with out it.

Since you're all wondering now.....it's my first SKS. After looking a little more into it, it seems like I almost stole this rifle. It was made at the Tula armory in 1953 and all of the serial numbers match up. All I paid for it was $219.00 before taxes (5%), being who I am I also grabbed 1,000 rounds of ammunition as well. ($270.00 before taxes).

Gatoragn 09-14-2012 01:44 AM

Good job. Looks like a great deal.

Josh1158 09-14-2012 01:46 AM

Hell yeah thats a good deal. There normaly around 300 here in mi

GaryGlock 09-14-2012 01:53 AM

Wow 400$ here on treasure coast..our LGS thinks cause they have TONS of stuff the can rob people for it tho I guess.

kaido 09-14-2012 01:59 AM

Glad to hear my gun shop doesn't know what they truly have......might buy another two or three and then let them know how much they normally go for. But they may also of dropped the price since all of Canada has a 5 round law for any center fire rifle and they had to pin the magazine.

Josh1158 09-14-2012 02:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ohhh that can be fixed very easily...... Ive got 10 20 and 35 rounders for mine

Attachment 58664

bigjim 09-14-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Glad to hear my gun shop doesn't know what they truly have......might buy another two or three and then let them know how much they normally go for. But they may also of dropped the price since all of Canada has a 5 round law for any center fire rifle and they had to pin the magazine.
Russian models go for between $500 to $700.00 here. You can get 5 round magazines for the SKS's. Not shure how they would pin the magazine, since the factory one is removable and you can slip a 30 round one in without modification.

Jim

Yugo model on the bottom.

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...2/IMG_1848.jpg

marc29th 09-14-2012 02:53 AM

Nice! I got a 1954 Tula made SKS back in 1994, my 1st firearm purchase :-) you're going to love the Russian SKS!

kaido 09-14-2012 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh1158
Ohhh that can be fixed very easily...... Ive got 10 20 and 35 rounders for mine

I would love to fix this, but the law says no more then 5rounds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjim

Russian models go for between $500 to $700.00 here. You can get 5 round magazines for the SKS's. Not shure how they would pin the magazine, since the factory one is removable and you can slip a 30 round one in without modification.

Jim

Yugo model on the bottom.

I understand what you're getting at. My factory magazine comes out, but any center fire magazine that is shipped to Canada gets a pin put into it. A little off topic, but I've even seen a 100 round drum for an AR 15 that was pinned to only accept five rounds......


Quote:

Originally Posted by marc29th
Nice! I got a 1954 Tula made SKS back in 1994, my 1st firearm purchase :-) you're going to love the Russian SKS!

The SKS was going to be my very first firearm, but I decided to pick it up as my second one......as you can tell it wasn't my second. Haha

I've only fired four rounds through it so far, but I can't wait to fire the other 996 that I have for it. Didn't even have to fire it before I fell in love with it though.

Trez 09-14-2012 03:38 PM

The Russian SKS was my first firearm... :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:26 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.