Foreign Vs. Domestic - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Foreign Vs. Domestic

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 5,035
Liked 728 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 757

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeitzel View Post
Ok I give up still typed it wrong. :-)
At least you have your sense of humor!!
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,644
Liked 2545 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 1977

Default

If you buy used, the money all stays here in the US.

Support Goodwill and Thrift shops, and save money

buying American.

Milsurp is also buying American.

__________________
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lima,Ohio
Posts: 2,970
Liked 2606 Times on 1177 Posts
Likes Given: 2527

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
If you buy used, the money all stays here in the US.

Support Goodwill and Thrift shops, and save money

buying American.

Milsurp is also buying American.

If you buy used you haven't helped anyone who has a job manufacturing guns. You've only helped you and the seller. Who's to say he won't go out and buy a foreign gun with the money you gave him. Buying used anything doesn't keep anybody in a job except after market parts manufacturers and most of them are in china.
__________________

Last edited by rjd3282; 07-05-2012 at 12:31 PM.
rjd3282 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TLuker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: S.C.
Posts: 2,781
Liked 1305 Times on 849 Posts
Likes Given: 2739

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
If you buy used you haven't helped anyone who has a job manufacturing guns. You've only helped you and the seller. Who's to say he won't go out and buy a foreign gun with the money you gave him. Buying used anything doesn't keep anybody in a job except after market parts manufacturers and most of them are in china.
I agree, but I wouldn't buy used near as often if the new were made as good as the old.
__________________
TLuker is offline  
orangello Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lima,Ohio
Posts: 2,970
Liked 2606 Times on 1177 Posts
Likes Given: 2527

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
I agree, but I wouldn't buy used near as often if the new were made as good as the old.

That's so true.
__________________
rjd3282 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 9,587
Liked 5938 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 5487

Default

I try to buy the best value...quality v price regardless of where it's made.

Many of the very best guns I've ever owned have been foreign.

__________________
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”


Winston Churchill
locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
WA St. longshoremen domestic terrorist? DodgerBlue Politics, Religion and Controversy 23 09-14-2011 11:47 PM
This is why there's domestic violence CourtJester The Club House 2 06-25-2011 05:35 PM
Domestic Abuse doctherock The Club House 38 08-05-2010 11:54 PM
Leftist Domestic Terrorist on FBI list now skullcrusher Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 04-21-2009 09:50 PM
Domestic terrorist alert... painted_klown Politics, Religion and Controversy 4 03-22-2009 09:33 PM