First Gun you ever Owned
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > First Gun you ever Owned

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 01:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default First Gun you ever Owned

Thought this might be a kool thread, lets see how many of you have the first gun you ever owned. I got this one when I was 13, I'm 45 now. its a Revelation 410 bolt action 3 shot internal magazine. Came from a Western Auto store. Killed a few squirrels with it bout all.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-01-2008, 12:06 PM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Yep, I still have my first rifle, too. It's my Marlin Mod. 60 22lr. I won it off of my Grandfather when I was 8 years old. I am now 29. Wouldn't trade that rifle for anything in the world.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

My grandmother bought my brother and I Marlin Model 60s when I was 6 and he was 3.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

My first "rifle" was a Daisy lever action like the Winchester John Wayne used to carry. No pump action here. One lever action, shoot one BB, repeat... LOL I killed a whole "species" of beer can and soda container with it back in the day though. I am pretty sure Adolph Coors had a price on my head

My first real rifle was a Mauser .22 caliber, single shot, bolt action training rifle that my Grandfather used in basic prior to his service in WWII. I used to shoot Tyro class matches with it and it always brought me good luck. Yep, I still have it to this day. It's a damn fine shooter for something that is twice as old as I am.

D

Old 04-01-2008, 02:08 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 208 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Stevens mdl. 87A. 22 cal. magazine fed semi-auto. Still have it. Got it
from an uncle when I was 7.

Bill

Old 04-01-2008, 11:27 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

As a lot of you I had a Marlin/ Glenfield Mod 60 .22. My Dad bought it for me from one of the "department" stores.
As an aside, it was stolen in 1988 while I was at school. My Dad called me 2 years ago and said "you aren't going to believe this, they found your rifle". The officer brought it back to him, no worse for wear. Had others stolen in the same event, but that was the only one recovered...and the only one I really was crushed about losing. IMO, a gun thief should meet with the same fate as a horse thief used to.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:43 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly68 View Post
IMO, a gun thief should meet with the same fate as a horse thief used to.
Hear! Hear! I would vote for that on any platform.....

Old 04-02-2008, 12:19 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default First Gun I Ever Owned?

Hello all

Ron L here = SERESURPLUS

My First gun, was a revolver, it was an Old Police Turn in S&W Model 10 38SPCL, back when Smith and Wesson was a rel player in the gun industry, this was followed by a Colt Police Positive, also in 38 SPCL! After I went into the Military My First handgun then was a New int he Box, Browning High power in 9MM, cost me a month of my pay and was worth every penny! Carried that pistol for years till was married and needed money for rent! Never should have sold that one! Hell, never should have sold hardly any of them? My First Rifle was an older Remington .200 Bolt action, don't recall the Model, it was a single shot, you had to load each shell too Short, longs and LR, it was a tack driver and was lost in a house fire back in 69!

Old 04-02-2008, 01:26 AM   #9

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I was given a Remington Mdl 121 22 rimfire slide action rifle back in 1949. I traded off for a bolt action 22 target rifle some times later.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:29 AM   #10

First gun was an 870 20ga. Youth when I was 10. First rifle was a Mauser 98 8mm in full mil. trim(now built into a sporty 22-250). First and only handgun was a Thompson/Auto-Ordinace 1911 45acp.