Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Finished it. . .finally.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcomf View Post
Then what was the point of including it in the OP's post? If other than the fact he thinks it may have affected his work. Otherwise it is irrelevant info. As an aside if you need a beer before you attempt anything that isn't machismo, it's alcoholism.
Are you calling me an alcoholic? You might want to tread lightly... And don't bash my state again.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:29 PM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
As an aside if you need a beer before you attempt anything that isn't machismo, it's alcoholism.
Dcomf. . . you must be a woman, cause you sound just like my b*tchy old-lady after I forgot to lower the toilet seat or something. If I wouldn't mentioned having a couple of beers before gently wrenching on that paper-thin trigger, with a tool the size of my little toe, how would you have reacted then?

Go back and give it a try before posting again so none of us have to listen to you whine and cry.

Yes it is is an X mark pro trigger. FACTORY, EXTERNALLY ADJUSTABLE How could you possibly not conclude that "based on your observations"? If you aren't familiar with Remington firearms, they why are you here?

It was a lot of headache for a 700, but once I was into it I had no choice but to put it all together. Live and learn. I'll never buy another Remington, new or old for that matter.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:38 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave View Post
Are you calling me an alcoholic? You might want to tread lightly... And don't bash my state again.
I said it was a sign of alcoholism. You can assign whatever value you want to that but most experts on alcohol abuse would consider that type of behavior as leaning towards alcoholism. If you aren't able to function without a beer in your hand then, well, if it quacks like a duck.......

As far as bashing your state, where did you get that? I said it was cheaper to operate a business there. If I were bashing Arkansas I would say something to the effect of, ah never-mind, It would have to be spelled out for you anyways.

Edit: By the way, doesn't it say "Drunk Ninja" under your username? Just checking.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:39 PM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
Dcomf. . . you must be a woman, cause you sound just like my b*tchy old-lady after I forgot to lower the toilet seat or something. If I wouldn't mentioned having a couple of beers before gently wrenching on that paper-thin trigger, with a tool the size of my little toe, how would you have reacted then?

Go back and give it a try before posting again so none of us have to listen to you whine and cry.

Yes it is is an X mark pro trigger. FACTORY, EXTERNALLY ADJUSTABLE How could you possibly not conclude that "based on your observations"? If you aren't familiar with Remington firearms, they why are you here?

It was a lot of headache for a 700, but once I was into it I had no choice but to put it all together. Live and learn. I'll never buy another Remington, new or old for that matter.
Game, set, match...

Old 07-13-2010, 07:50 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
I said it was a sign of alcoholism. You can assign whatever value you want to that but most experts on alcohol abuse would consider that type of behavior as leaning towards alcoholism. If you aren't able to function without a beer in your hand then, well, if it quacks like a duck.......

As far as bashing your state, where did you get that? I said it was cheaper to operate a business there. If I were bashing Arkansas I would say something to the effect of, ah never-mind, It would have to be spelled out for you anyways.
You sure are opinionated. You've never met any of us, but you're bashing on us. I don't think you will be invited to any of the future FTF events. Even though I'd like to see you there...

Old 07-13-2010, 09:12 PM   #26

Liked 302 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 26

O.K. you guys. Now look and see what you made me do.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:37 PM   #27

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Oh I get it, he's 12.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:12 PM   #28

Well this got intresting. Dcomf I just noticed that you where from Cali thats awful. But you do seem kind of angry.

Admiral Yamamoto: "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

"But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you ... it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
- Dalai Lama

Old 07-14-2010, 02:32 AM   #29

Quote:
Ever wonder why they up and moved from Ilion and moved to Arkansas and the Carolinas? Cheaper to operate there.

They haven't moved. The company is only headquartered in Madison, North Carolina. They still manufacture in Ilion NY. As a matter of fact their latest offering (1911R1) is completely made in-house at the Ilion, NY plant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
Live and learn. I'll never buy another Remington, new or old for that matter.
Hey Bro,
I know it's frustrating and aggravating, but don't judge all Remington's products by just one bad rifle. Remington's model 700 is legendary and wouldn't have that status if it was a POS. I own an older 700 and can vouch for the accuracy, quality and craftsmanship that once went into these rifles.

I hate to admit it, but the newer rifles & shotguns are nothing like the older ones. Lately Remington's product has suffered, QC is suspect & budget cuts. That's what happens when an investment firm owns a manufacturer. Investment firms don't care about anything but big numbers. No matter how big the numbers are they have to be bigger. So the product suffers which causes the consumer to suffer.

I commend you on your persistence. It paid off.
You have a good looking rifle there.
I'm sure it'll give you years of service.
Hope to hear a range report from you soon.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:26 PM   #30

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Thanks for the encouragement. It was frustrating as hell. Every time something goes wrong I immediately go into "boycott" mode. Just ask the wife how many restaurants I refuse to eat at.

Of course the final challenge will be the shooting. That can flip a switch in a heartbeat. But it will be subjected to reasonable punishment (so will my shoulder).