Finished it. . .finally. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Finished it. . .finally.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

If that Remington was manufactured in the last 1 year which I am sure it was then it had the x-mark pro trigger in there (Remington's crappy answer to Savage's Nice Accu-trigger).

I am sorry there is no way in hell that trigger would have stood up to more than 3 or 4 rounds at most. It looks to me like it had a flaw in the casting of the trigger it's self.

I am with Josh on this one. I wouldn't buy a remington 700 right now is someone paid me. Everything I have seen since cheerybus took over is junk and prices have almost doubled. I have a VLS and I got it for $550 in 2004 in 2009 at the same shop it was $950. That is crazy no matter how you look at it.

If I buy a new bolt gun it sure ain't gonna be a Remington.

Also I highly doubt diggs was DRUNK like you call him dcomf. Two beers and I am not even buzzing and I drink a beer a month in most cases.

You might want to do a little research before you go off calling people names man.

http://www.remington.com/sitecore/content/Remington/pages/xmark-pro-trigger.aspx

Old 07-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
If that Remington was manufactured in the last 1 year which I am sure it was then it had the x-mark pro trigger in there (Remington's crappy answer to Savage's Nice Accu-trigger).

I am sorry there is no way in hell that trigger would have stood up to more than 3 or 4 rounds at most. It looks to me like it had a flaw in the casting of the trigger it's self.

I am with Josh on this one. I wouldn't buy a remington 700 right now is someone paid me. Everything I have seen since cheerybus took over is junk and prices have almost doubled. I have a VLS and I got it for $550 in 2004 in 2009 at the same shop it was $950. That is crazy no matter how you look at it.

If I buy a new bolt gun it sure ain't gonna be a Remington.

Also I highly doubt diggs was DRUNK like you call him dcomf. Two beers and I am not even buzzing and I drink a beer a month in most cases.

You might want to do a little research before you go off calling people names man.

X-Mark Pro Trigger - X-Mark Pro - Model 700 Trigger
You are saying Remington produces a trigger that won't stand up to 3 or 4 rounds at most, or just that specific trigger? I agree their quality has been going down but it was long before they were sold. What name did I use that offended your delicate sensibilities? He admitted to drinking before wrenching which should raise an alarm from the start and admitted to being rough with it. What can a person be doing to a trigger that would even remotely cause it to break like that? I'm afraid we aren't hearing the whole story on this one.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #13

Looking at the broken trigger it doesn't appear to be the x mark pro trigger, not from my observation.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #14

Liked 374 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 35

When the damn factory trigger broke I would have changed it out for a Jewell Trigger. Mine is set a 22 oz. pull weight, a little light I know, but it's one hell of a sweet trigger. I also put a muzzle brake on my 300 Win. Mag. Remmy 700 for target shooting. I highly suggest a brake for this caliber of rifle if your going to shoot it alot. The brake really tames a great deal of the recoil out. Dont get an untimed brake if your going to shoot prone. Rather, get a timed brake for prone shooting. I learned the hard way with the first brake I had which was a Fox River untimed brake which pelted me with dirt and gravel in the face when shooting prone and also damaged the objective lens of my scope. I now have a Elite Iron Max Tac timed brake which works properly for prone shooting and even reduced the felt recoil and muzzle rise more than the Fox River un timed brake. Also, when McMillan made my A-5 stock, I had them put a 1" Decel pad on it. The Decel pad eats up alot of felt recoil as well.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcomf View Post
Looking at the broken trigger it doesn't appear to be the x mark pro trigger, not from my observation.
Show me another Remington trigger with a hex bolt in the trigger to adjust it. the old trigger didn't have this. That is an x-mark Pro trigger I am not sure how you can not see this with the REMINGTON web site I posted.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:22 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcomf View Post
What name did I use that offended your delicate sensibilities? He admitted to drinking before wrenching which should raise an alarm from the start and admitted to being rough with it. What can a person be doing to a trigger that would even remotely cause it to break like that? I'm afraid we aren't hearing the whole story on this one.
Easy Hoss. Who gives a damn if a man has a couple beers while he's working on something? I refuse to work on ANYTHING without a beer! My yard, my lawnmowers, my ATV's and my kids' bikes all work fine. Seems like it was a bad casting to me...Anything else you'd like to add?

Old 07-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Show me another Remington trigger with a hex bolt in the trigger to adjust it. the old trigger didn't have this. That is an x-mark Pro trigger I am not sure how you can not see this with the REMINGTON web site I posted.
Fine, it's a newer trigger. What is your point? Are they inherently weaker than the old ones or what?

Old 07-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #18

The point is Remington's Quality is gone down the crapper in the last few years. It all started with Cherybus taking them over. This is not the only place you will find that statement. Look on just about any gun related message-board and somewhere you will find that Remington's quality has went down when they were bought out.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave View Post
Easy Hoss. Who gives a damn if a man has a couple beers while he's working on something? I refuse to work on ANYTHING without a beer! My yard, my lawnmowers, my ATV's and my kids' bikes all work fine. Seems like it was a bad casting to me...Anything else you'd like to add?
Then what was the point of including it in the OP's post? If other than the fact he thinks it may have affected his work. Otherwise it is irrelevant info. As an aside if you need a beer before you attempt anything that isn't machismo, it's alcoholism.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #20

Quote:
The point is Remington's Quality is gone down the crapper in the last few years. It all started with Cherybus taking them over. This is not the only place you will find that statement. Look on just about any gun related message-board and somewhere you will find that Remington's quality has went down when they were bought out.
Their quality was gone before Cerebrus purchased them. With the unions pushing them into the red they couldn't compete. Their costs had to be driven lower to even keep the doors open let alone be competitive. Ever wonder why they up and moved from Ilion and moved to Arkansas and the Carolinas? Cheaper to operate there.