A finish for my Mosin Nagant sporter
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > A finish for my Mosin Nagant sporter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 24 Times on 16 Posts

Default A finish for my Mosin Nagant sporter

As I have said in previous posts, I purchased this gun at a show already "Bubbafied". I thought it would make a fun project to keep me out of trouble. After making the ATI stock fit properly (Bubba butchered it pretty bad and I should have just bit the bullet and replaced it) I made bedding pillars bedded the stock and Magazine. The barrel was counterbored 2 1/2", which is the most I have seen on a M-N, and needed another inch so I shortened the barrel to 24" and recrowned. I made the bolt handle but had a professional do the welding since my welding skills aren't very good. I made the scope mount from a Remington 1100 mount and did the drilling and tapping then bedded the mount to the reciever. The scope on it now is just for mock up.

What I would like from the members of this forum is suggestions for a finish. I was thinking of a Camo Duracoat.

imag0138-1.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

What is going on with that bolt handle?

Old 06-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #3

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts

What u going to use it for hunting

Old 06-15-2012, 03:39 AM   #4

The bolt handle is positioned for faster followup shots. It took me a while to find a design that would work well with my arthritis. This was the winner. I'm hoping to use it for hunting but I will use it for target shooting as well. I'm hoping that it will be pretty accururate and I can shoot with some of the $5000+ guns. It's kind of a pipe dream but I will try. I have done all of the work myself except for the little bit of welding on the bolt handle.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:53 AM   #5

Started customizing on the stock for the pistol grip. Took it out yesterday and fired a few rounds. I need to do some shimming on the scope mount. I would like to take it hunting some day.