Finally got one
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Finally got one

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 05:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default Finally got one

Alright guys I decided to trade my mossberg 500 off for a 7mm Mauser I don't know a thing about this gun besides it a Mauser on the side of it it says mauser chieno modelo 1895 deutsche waffen -und munitionsfabriken Berlin I will post pics of it in little bit

__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 01-09-2013, 05:24 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSGN_Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,598
Liked 2395 Times on 1401 Posts
Likes Given: 538

Default

Model 1895 made by Mauser for a Chilean military contract. It is a pre 1898 model which means the action is not quite as robust. They are still a good quality rifle when using factory ammo or handloads made to lower pressure specifically for the 93/95 actions.
The round in a more modern bolt gun can be loaded pretty hot and when it is loaded hot it will have an advantage over the 7-08 because of the extra powder capacity. In the lower pressure factory loads it is about like a hot and flatter shooting .30-30.

__________________
SSGN_Doc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

The Mdl. 95 is a 2 lug cock on closing action. When reloading use caution as many modern loads are intended for the Mdl. 98, Ruger 77 & Number 1 etc. The 7X57 is a very fine cartridge.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:42 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc
Model 1895 made by Mauser for a Chilean military contract. It is a pre 1898 model which means the action is not quite as robust. They are still a good quality rifle when using factory ammo or handloads made to lower pressure specifically for the 93/95 actions.
The round in a more modern bolt gun can be loaded pretty hot and when it is loaded hot it will have an advantage over the 7-08 because of the extra powder capacity. In the lower pressure factory loads it is about like a hot and flatter shooting .30-30.
Thanks I know different rifle shoot better then others but what can I see in accuracy
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
The Mdl. 95 is a 2 lug cock on closing action. When reloading use caution as many modern loads are intended for the Mdl. 98, Ruger 77 & Number 1 etc. The 7X57 is a very fine cartridge.
So your pretty much say there is a slight chance with reloads or even modern loads it can blow up right?
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:56 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

No not at all. You can use modern loads. However do not use the high pressure loads intended for the 3 Lug or higher pressure actions. These action can spring under stress and lock up. There is a chance you can damage the head space. It is like down loading for a lever action. Just bear in mind this is not a 700 Remington Action.
As for as accuracy it is a military Spec. rifle of the last century. It should be a good 100 yd. deer rifle with the iron sights. The twist rate is fast so you may need a heavy bullet. Good Luck

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
No not at all. You can use modern loads. However do not use the high pressure loads intended for the 3 Lug or higher pressure actions. These action can spring under stress and lock up. There is a chance you can damage the head space. It is like down loading for a lever action. Just bear in mind this is not a 700 Remington Action.
As for as accuracy it is a military Spec. rifle of the last century. It should be a good 100 yd. deer rifle with the iron sights. The twist rate is fast so you may need a heavy bullet. Good Luck
So it like load up for a old 45-70 should be easy now to accuracy I know I'm not goin to get sub Moa out it but would a ballpark be 3-31/2 inch?
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:28 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

image-622349313.jpg



image-2536561048.jpg

Here are a couple pics of it I will get better ones of it tm I have to switch phones
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 5,094
Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 789

Default

Two places the 7x57 made its' mark. Spanish American war (san juan hill) and the second Boer war. Good luck w/ her!!

__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dwmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Madisen, In
Posts: 1,035
Liked 398 Times on 300 Posts
Likes Given: 550

Default

I have one that i handload for. Great rifle, mine will shoot 1 to 1-1/2 inch groups all day long at 100 yards off the bench bags with iron sights.

140 grain gamekings over a load of varget seem to be the best load in mine. 2765 fps on the chrony. Be prepared to play with seating depth to get the best accuracy. Those oldthroats are not too consistant.

__________________

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

dwmiller is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Finally, Finally, Got That Remmie Mosin Nagant gandog56 Curio & Relic Discussion 15 03-22-2013 09:14 AM
Finally!!! chazzy XD Forum 13 02-17-2012 11:27 PM
FFL Finally !!! joehawk NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion 4 02-05-2012 07:01 PM
I finally done it Silvertip 44 Optics & Mounts 3 12-08-2010 08:01 PM
Finally! Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe Semi-Auto Handguns 2 12-02-2009 01:05 PM